Have you noticed

Gothic_Angelica

All the titles in the Belgariad relate to Chess?

Pawn, Queen and Castle are chess pieces. Gambit and end game are, I believe, chess moves.

Always struck me as odd

Gothic x

That's a good point, actually. I never really noticed.

Still, it adds to the mystery of the "game" played between the two prophecies.:)

Er .......Yes .:rolleyes: They were Lester del Rey's idea when the original trilogy had to be split into 5 standard paperbacks. Eddings mentions it in, " The Rivan Codex."

I've always wanted to know if it was an intentional or accidental. I haven't read the Rivan Codex though maybe I should.

Gothic x

I keep meaning to read the Rivan Codex, too. The problem is my ever increasing "to-read" list.;) Still, I never knew that it was intentional, either.:)

ah yes the old increasing to read list i hate and love that cuz on one hand you always have something to read and on the other the one you really want to read is at the bottom o da list

Yea thats really odd.

During Garion and his friends visit in Vo Mimbre when they are talking to the king. He was telling them how a Murgo/Grolim is plotting against the king and using Arends to do it. Garion said that he saw a brief glimpse of two people playing chess. And theres some hints of playing chess later on too.