Fav Character

Discussion in 'Terry Brooks' started by N3croscope, May 13, 2007.

1. N3croscope

N3croscope Member

V surprised to see this thread not already posted for T Brooks as it is for most authors. First fantasy novel I read was sword of shannara an even tho it is a copy of LOTR, its better written and the rest of his books are just brilliant. Anyway to the point - would love to hear your fav characters - perhaps ye can point me to the great T Brooks book i've yet to read. For me it has to be Allanon - the sole obstacle in the way of evil and Walker Boh - his reluctant inheritor of the mantle:)

2. GOLLUM

GOLLUM Moderator Staff Member

AW...I picked Allanon too...:)

3. Who's Wee Dug

Who's Wee Dug Well-Known Member

I never regarded it as a copy of TLOTR, simular but not a copy,I remember when it was slagged off by some critics when it was first published I enjoyed it then, still enjoy his work now,he did get a lot better as time went on but my favorites are now his magic kingdom series although I still regard that book as really enjoyable,and I still read and buy his books.:)

4. N3croscope

N3croscope Member

Magic Kingdom - is that the one with the Panamon(prob spealt wrong) Knight? Years since I read that

5. Circus Cranium

Circus Cranium Well-Known Member

I loved the dude that ran the rebel camp in one of those Heritage of Shannara books........Padashar Creel? I may have it slightly wrong. He was hardcore though, I dug him.

6. GOLLUM

GOLLUM Moderator Staff Member

No I don't think so, there's Panamon Creel who is in the Sword Of Shannara, not Kingdom.

7. Tabasco

Tabasco Well-Known Member

I liked Stee Jans. I think that was his name. He led that rag tag bunch of misfits who helped the elves in Elfstones. I might be mistaken, because it's been soooo long.

8. Circus Cranium

Circus Cranium Well-Known Member

Oh, and Morgan Leah. I'm a sucker for those fiery redheads.

9. Heretic

Heretic Pot Boiler/Hack Writer

Garet Jax is my all time favorite.

10. dekket

dekket Well-Known Member

I think N3croscope ment the Paladin (the magical Knight Protector of the High Lord of Landover), which was introduced in Magic Kingdom for Sale, Sold.

I always thought Nightshade was a cool villian.

11. Grimward

Grimward Where matter vanishes...

I have to agree with Heretic: Garet Jax was an excellent character. For different reasons, Cogline, The King of the Silver River, and the moorcats are also high on my list. For some reason, I tend to never like Brooks' main characters as much as the supporting cast. Now, if we're going to include the Word/Void stuff (like Brooks seems to be doing), I have to take that statement back! ;)

12. Tansy

Tansy Northern Monkey

I've only just reached the part of Wishong that introduced Garet Jax but I've a feeling I'm going to like him :)

I also like Stee Jans and I quite liked Eretria in Elfstones

13. Armageddon It

Armageddon It New Member

I have to say one of my fav characters was the assassin Pe Ell from the Scions of Shannara series. The entire story with him, Morgan Leah and and the elemental Quickening. I often thought that the battle with the Stone King (I think that is what he was called) was based in Seattle.

14. Menion

Menion ze Spaniard!

"And it was in that moment that their hearts withi
    Garet Jax, Menion Leah, and all of them in the group of Wishsong, the dwarf,elf,borderman.
    These books rock"ed" i read the Shanara Trilogy a few years ago and i have never been able to read them again, i dont know why

15. Landroval

Landroval Active Member

Alannon for me.

16. Redthing

Redthing Ruler of the Vega System

Ditto! He's just way cool. Walker Boh is my second choice

17. halfbakedlibrarian

halfbakedlibrarian New Member

I liked Walker a lot, he started out as the weird uncle who did not want all that forced on him in the Heritage series and became a full on secretive Druid in the Voyage of the Jerle Shannara books.

18. ML Hamilton

ML Hamilton ML Hamilton

I really loved the Morgan Leah story, so I guess he's my favorite, but I also like Par. I felt he suffered so.

19. hopewrites

hopewrites Believe in your youness

I agree with you. He lives in the North West and in one of his other books (i forget which) Seattle is a main part of the story, its called the Emerald City the way New York is called The Big Apple.
    I couldnt begin to have a favorite character, sadly when we split up the books in the divorce I didnt get a single one of Brooks.

20. Reivax26

Reivax26 Well-Known Member

I was always a fan of Walker Boh myself.