Finishing Games

Finally got round to finishing Oblivion.

Had the game for over a year before I started it, but 75 hours later it's all done and dusted.

I enjoyed it but towards the end it was becoming a bit of a chore.

As I've said, I'm a bit of a completist when it comes to RPGs, and I can add another one to the list. I've finally been able to complete Star Ocean: Til the End of Time 100% (including the ridiculously difficult to beat Freya, hidden boss to beat all hidden bosses that I've taken on).

Finally got round to finishing Oblivion.

Had the game for over a year before I started it, but 75 hours later it's all done and dusted.

I enjoyed it but towards the end it was becoming a bit of a chore.

75 hours?! :eek:

I'm at double that, and I've just saved Kvatch in the story mission!

Either you play fast, or you've missed out a lot of the side-missions and quests.

---

As for finishing games... it usually takes me a long time. Those I have finished are few and far between - Spyro 1, 2 and 3, Kingdom Hearts 1, Resistance: Fall of Man, and Grand Theft Auto 3, Vice City and San Andreas.

I hope to finish a lot more this current gaming 'generation'.

hahaha spyro the momories, the gta games are a wate of time but bully was a good game a little to easy tho

LOTR the third age is giving me some trouble i think im just gonna give up

I've finished Oblivion, main quest anyway and most of the guilds, and finished LOTR the Third Age. Spoiler: its got a poor ending

Don't usually finish games unless i really like them.

I almost always finish a game at least once, sometimes mutliple times (I've beaten Gears of War 11 times). Action games are my favorite (Devil May Cry 3 forever!) and so they're the ones that get beaten more than once usually. But turn based role-playing games are my bane. Even if I LOVE the game (ala Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne) I will never beat it. Real time RPG's I can beat, but them turn based ones always get left behind.

I'm totally shocking at finishing games. I have finished Warzone 2100 (which I was seriously proud at doing) Civ II got a bit fed up with Civ IV got stuck with Dungeon Seige I and II. Working on a and RPG on the PS II called Disgea Dunno how far I'm through it but almost finished the story mode but no where near finishing the unlockable content (facing one monster which hasnt got a level more like a phone number!) PC games again about through the first act of Neverwinter but havnt gone back to get on with it, fancy NeverII, but have to finish I first:D going on to Dawn of War Dark Crusade. Hard level is a nightmare!

Finished all of the Command and Conquer apart frm the new one and Generals which I'm working on.

Ows that:D

If I really don't like a game, I'll give up on it very early.

Otherwise, I have to finish everything, and get all the extras, bonuses, special items, etc...

That's where the challenge lies, for me. So many games are far to easy to complete.......

I finished all of the missions in Generals, and Generals: Zero Hour. I've finished nearly all of the general's challenges too. Working on the Stealth general's missions now, then it's all done and on to Tiberium Wars :D

I don't think you can finish RPG games anymore, at least not like you used too. Back on Nintendo, when you beat a game, you were DONE. Now, you can finish a game, and look at the stats and see yourself only 86% done. Unless you spend an incredible amount of time, or use cheats, you don't really finish any RPG game anymore. That said, I tend to fly through most action type games, I find that once you find the "trick", and all action games have one, they tend to get finished fairly quickly. What I mean is most games will have something the developers did not think of, that makes it easier to finish. An example is in Red Dead Revolver, headshots killed everyone in one shot. So, I did the training level a few times, until I could do a headshot almost every time, and beat the rest of the game in an hour. I'm not trying to brag or anything, I worked in a games store for two years where you could check out games, but only for three days, so I had to learn to finish them quick.

Lately, I havent finished any game. Not enough time. I remember finishing games when I was in uni. How very disappointed I was to finish Star Trek Klingon in three nights... Other games did take longer and I did enjoy taking longer to finish a game. Usually because the games were a bit tougher. (I did enjoy Klingon. I really did.)

Now that I have less time, I want to experience many different games, whatever mood I am in. So I switch between games a lot. Right now, switching between Sims 2 Bon Voyage (no ending anyway) and Halo 3. And Sim City DS and Elite Beat Agents (which I will finish, I know I will!).

I like how I play games these days because it fits in with my free time. I do wish though that I could just immerse myself completely in a game again, and play it non stop for more than an hour. But I just get restless after an hour of gaming these days... Weird huh?

I've been restless with gaming recently, as well. It makes me question whether I'm really a gamer :/ As of late, I've been doing more reading. Still, perhaps I'm just already bored with the games I have, and want to move into other fields, like FPS. I usually just play RPGs, but as of late I've grown quite dissapointed with them.

I guess I've changed my gaming habits, too. I used to be the sort who had to get every item, every character, every sub quest etc, but now I'm just content to finish the game. There are still games where I'll strive to get every character (like the unusual Suikoden series), though. I guess the problem is time constraints now.

I have to admit, I don't often finish games anymore. I used to finish games as often as I could, and sometimes I'd strive to do so, but now I'm more relaxed about it. I buy games I like, and play them when I want to. I don't try really hard to finish a game if I lose interest, but if I've enjoyed the game I'll put it aside and continue it later. I don't believe it's bad if I don't finish a game in one go. I can take a year or two to finish a game, and I'll remember enough about the story to do so.

I remember starting Wind Waker (Zelda) 5 or so years ago. I didn't want to finish that, 'cause I loved the game too much. Haha. I am so weird. =) I played that game a lot though, and I enjoyed every moment I spent playing it. Games are about enjoyment, not completion! In my books, anyway.

I am a gamer, but I'm many other things as well. I use Photoshop to make sigs, I use Premiere to make music videos, I write in Word, use pen and paper to draw, and play the piano. I read, of course. All this as well as school. I haven't the time to be a hard-core gamer. I want to do so many things, I need to do little of each.

I mostly finish games. If the game is fun, if it has a good story or is a very playable game I finish it.
If the game is garbage I feel ripped off and don't bother. If the game requires excessive control action or is misleading or inserts intrusive software I uninstall it.

A few games I found fun and re-playable;
Quake 2 and its expansions, Diablo 2/LOD, Sacred/underworld, Titan quest/immortal throne, painkiller/BOOH, Serious Sam first/second and 2, Doom 3/ROE/classic mod, Quake 4, farcry... all stand out, I'm certain there are more... Half life 1 and its expansions/mods...

The games, that come to mind, which I have not finished;
Boring (played it for several weeks (it had to get better, but it didn't)); Morrowwind elder scrolls 3? (It was so bad I gave it away)
Misleading box; (no mouse support, needs a class action lawsuit) Resident evil (4 ? for PC)
poor start up/intrusive software; halflife 2 (steam)
not fun; Fear
Garbage game (for PC); Halo, resident evil (4?) (both are ported from console games and are so bad I can't give them away)...

These are just my opinions and as such are are totally subjective.

Enjoy!

im sick of finishing games it just seems to be a waste of time its like "oh now im done what to do now" so i just play online games like city of hereos and WoW i like MMO's

I have been trying to finish WoW since it began 3 years ago but they (Blizzard Entertainment) keep on adding new stuff! Will it ever stop? I hope not! hehe