Lost to carry on until 2010

Allegra

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Lost drama to carry on until 2010

'There will be three more series of Emmy-winning TV show Lost before it finally ends in 2010.

A "highly-anticipated and shocking finale" is being planned by TV network ABC, which acknowledged viewers may drift away unless the drama concludes. Each series will be 16 episodes with no mid-season break, following complaints the last series was divided in two.'

3 more years! That's a looooong stretch.:rolleyes:

Exactly the same reason i stopped watching.

Lost will be known in the future as the most hyped crappy show ever.

Oh I don't know - there've been many much hyped and rubbish shows. Just in our parochial area there's "Torchwood" (mixed at best) and "Eldorado" (ouch!) off the top of my head.

And hoping it would come back to terrestrial TV in the UK.

I think there have been some interesting revelations and some important plot developments in the last few episodes -- after a whole string of episodes that just felt like marking time. But this big finale where a lot of characters are supposed to die ... if they kill off too many of the people I care about, why would I come back and watch the show next year? (Especially when I'll have had months and months to get used to not watching it.)

Well, now that the nay-sayers have had their say.

The 2010 target fits in the timelines already laid down by the producers earlier this year when they announced that Lost would go on for about 3 more years. 2010 will come quickly.

I'm still waiting to see who gets eliminated in the finale before I decide whether I'll want to watch it next season.

Maybe with a shorter season there would be less Jack's-tatoo type stories.

One of the problems I have with the way they kill characters (aside from the fact that someone or several someones that I care about might go) is that storylines go unresolved. They spend a season or two hinting at a character's past, and then boom! they're gone and questions go unresolved.

I felt like I was just beginning to understand (spoiler -- highlight to read -- in case there is still anyone who doesn't know)Shannon through the flashback in her last episode, so even though she wasn't a favorite character I felt her exit was premature. And Ana Lucia and Libby -- still plenty of unanswered questions there, particularly in the case of the latter.

No staying power - that's the problem here1

Every TV show (EVERY TV show - without exception) has its dull, pointless and seemingly unncessary episodes. Lost is no different. I was totally hooked throughout season 1, and recently I dug out my Season1 boxset and watched them all again - when you compare the quality of these episodes in terms of plot/character development with those of Season 3 I guarantee that you will find season three so much more compelling, driven and engaging.

I am pleased that they are shortening the season and have a planned ending. This makes me more determined to see it through to the end.

As for people getting annoyed with their favourite characters being killed off, it keeps the show unpredictable and interesting. And, given current developments, maybe these characters are not dead forever...

I'd rather it burn twice as bright and half as long
I agree, and now that I can't watch it every week (I saw half of last season on DVD in a single week and then nothing since) I'm just looking for the solutions to come quicker.

It is exciting that any main character may die, but there is a risk there that people will switch off when their favourite character dies.

It could have been worse though - they could have cancelled it in a mid-season without any closure at all. That has happened all too frequently to series I was interested in.

I never worry about things that will end 'sometime in the future' myself however, I agree after the first series I expected at least some resolution to the whole mishmash.

After watching the first few of the second series I recognised it for what it was.

A kind of 24 without end. So I decided then not to watch it and wait for the final final final episode, where I suspect even then, they will keep the options open for a revival or prequil. So when thats repeated in ten or twenty years time I may watch it and see if I can gleen what it was all about.

Of course, in the short time we all have left that may never happen.