The Rune of Unmaking: A DARK SACRIFICE -- FIRST REVIEW!!! (pg 3)

Teresa Edgerton

Goblin Princess
Staff member
Supporter
Yes, I finally finished. It's a completed manuscript. It's DONE.

More to the point, it's been accepted with only minor changes; it's on the way to the copy-editor as I write this. The title is not one that I really wanted, but it's appropriate to the story.

And it's on the schedule for December!!

(I need to go and finish working on the Glossary I promised to send today or tomorrow -- but I felt a burning need to share the news first.)

Re: The Rune of Unmaking: A DARK SACRIFICE -- Dec. 2007

Great work Teresa!
The title sounds good to me.

'The Rune of Unmaking'. Unmaking what? 'A Dark Sacrifice'. Who or what is making or being the sacrificed? Those two titles would have me wanting to read your book to find out!

Yay! Congratulations! Now we only have to wait until December. I may have to re-read The Hidden Stars.

Rosemary -- Well, I like the whole title when it's all written out -- the Rune of Unmaking part is the title of the trilogy, and I do like that -- but I'm not so thrilled about A Dark Sacrifice, which is the part that's going to be in large letters on the cover. My editor and I traded ideas back and forth, and she kept shooting down all of mine until I finally came up with that one, basically as an act of desperation because they needed something for the catalog **immediately**. But I'm glad you like it. That makes me feel a little better.

dwndrgn -- Naturally, I don't mind at all if you want to reread The Hidden Stars, but I've written a detailed synopsis for HS that's supposed to go at the front of this book as a way for readers to refresh their memories.

Congratulations! I'm glad to hear that book two will be out soon. I've been looking forward to it. And I agree with Rosemary: A Dark Sacrifice sounds good (although now you've got me wondering about your first choice).

My first choice was The Winds that Move the Worlds, which I thought pleasing and appropriate. My second choice, which I really liked, too, was A Dark Spell Weaving, but my editor thought weaving sounded too domestic.

Anyway, I reckoned I was no position to fight for the title I wanted, since I had already put the poor woman through so much by missing about a thousand deadlines.

Her patience was heroic, but I knew it must be wearing very, very thin.

Congratulatons, Teresa! And once this is out, I'll have to tackle The Hidden Stars as well. Excellent! (And, though it doesn't really alter anything, I think The Winds that Move the Worlds is a title both intriguing and evocative... very nice!)

Congratulations, Teresa! Let us know when we can pre-order on Amazon :)

The Winds That Move the Worlds is a lyrical title. But A Dark Sacrifice grabs my attention.

Congratulations, Teresa!

Well, it's now on my wishlist! Is it the same cover art that you showed us before?

Yay! Congrats. A Dark Sacrifice is an attention grabber. I like it. Is the book a bit on the dark side? Are you going to make a teaser like you did for Hidden Stars?

A christmas present;) .
Anyway I hope it's as enjoyable as the last one.
The titles are inspiring wild speculations in my head.
It starts with ADA and ends in ICE, I'm sure Adasunshine and Ice monkey will be pleased:p

Yes, aarti, it's the same cover art.

Bookstop, by teaser, do you mean the HS chapter I posted here? Unless my editor says no (and I don't know why she should) there will probably be something along those lines in the fall.

Wheee! December, eh. Just in time for my birthday.

Guess what I'm getting myself THIS year. :D

Laura J. Underwood

Hallo, Teresa!

(Sorry I disappeared for awhile back there! I've been busy doing an MA in Children's Literature in the UK.)

That is excellent news indeed. I've been a member of the review site Rambles.net for awhile -- I'm ashamed that I haven't gotten around to reviewing The Hidden Stars for you! And now I'm going to be two books behind by the time I get back home...

Anyway, congrats!

I'm very glad to see you here again, Ailanna.

To me, studying Children's Literature in the UK sounds like the ultimate bliss. (Involving much hard work, I'm sure, but very, very rewarding.)

I thought of you when I was at BookBuyers, recently, and wondered how you were doing.