A question about the Stone of Tear

Talysia

Lady of Autumn
I've recently finished re-reading The Dragon Reborn, and something occurred to me. How did Rand get inside the Stone of Tear? Jordan describes at length how Mat gets in, and to an extent Perrin, but not Rand.

I believe he was already within the Stone, but I honestly don't remember. It's been years since I've read the book. He was either in the stone already, or had gotten in through similar means as Mat and Perrin.

I always thought it was Mat who saw Juilin climbing the walls. Looks like I may have read that bit wrong. Oh well. I guess I'll have to check.:)

Matt and Julian entered the Stone together by way of the hole that Matt blew in the building with the fireworks. I don't remember how Rand got in, but with the funny things that happened around him, he could have just walked in the front door and nobody noticed.

That's a good point actually - Rand's power. I hadn't thought of that possibility. Thanks, Murphy, and everyone who's replied!:)

I'm about due for a reread anyway. I'll now pay special attention to how Rand got in. I also remember a part when someone was seen climbing up to the top, but I couldn't remember if it was Rand or the Aiel.

Now that you mention it, I'm not sure who it was that was climbing up the Stone at the same time as Mat. At first I thought it was Juilin, but I didn't even think that it might be the Aiel, so now I'm not so sure. I may have to reread it myself.

While Mat was walking the walls looking for a way in, (Before he is jumped by the Aiel) he notices "Some fool" all ready climbing the wall, i just assumed that it was Rand, because it was only 1 person, and at that time in the story, Rand was the only person alone

I've recently finished re-reading The Dragon Reborn, and something occurred to me. How did Rand get inside the Stone of Tear? Jordan describes at length how Mat gets in, and to an extent Perrin, but not Rand.

This is in the summary from TSR:
Rand is exhausted from his climb. Still, he ignores the roar and the alarm as he makes his way toward Callandor to finish it.

Rand was the one that Mat and Juilan saw climbing the wall.

Hu the stableman

Thanks for the welcome. I just got through mucking out the stables, so I thought I'd drop in. :)

Seriously, I've just finished re-reading the series for about the 4th time. I started reading them when I was hospitalized with a major heart attack and got kinda addicted to them. (That was about 10 years ago.)

This time, I read through the series and followed along with the Encyclopedia-WoT. It helped me get a much clearer picture of the overall spiderweb of plots, sub-plots and story lines. Now I'm kinda bummed out cuz I'm gonna have to wait for "A Memory of Light" to be published.

In the meantime, I'll go back and re-read Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series, since I just got the latest book in that bunch.

Regards,

Hu the stableman

RJ has a forum.
George RR M has a forum.

I was surprised to find that Terry GoodK doesn't have one. Although I guess I shouldn't be surprised. He has gone to great lengths to disassociate himself from the fantasy genre. In fact, he's been pretty vocal about it.