29.01: Smith and Jones

Oooh! There was a link in the Absorbaloff episode too... must've missed that. :p

Methinks we should set up a "Saxon Watch" in which people look out for any Saxon reference they can find, and try to guess what the series finale will be. :p

Indeed

I have I think got a good idea as to what will happen.

Its going to be one hell of season finale if I'm right, and by the digging I've been doing and some rumours that have floating about.

Does anyone else have the first "new" doctor who annual the one with Mr eccelston as the Doctor? If so go read it, nick of your wee cousin or brother/Sister if you have to.

There is a whopping great clue there, I will post a spoiler theory in a thread sometime tonight, if Lenny dosnt get there first!:D

Haha. Don't worry, Fyre, I won't be posting that, though I might post in it time to time.

I actually enjoyed it!!!! :eek:

I like the relationship between smith and Jones, she seems more intelligent and less gullible than Rose.

I agree that we need to see less of the family, they seem even more unpleasant and in need of psychotherapy then Jakie's lot.

The Judoon were fantastic, my only beef would be the generic space police voice used, but the costumes and the animatronics were just cooooool. I would like to have seen the Plasmavore do more. A blood-sucking mad alien who looks like a little old lady, genius! How did she get the straw in? Was it tungsten-tipped or something?

I like that the Doctor's outfit has changed this year, too.

All in all, I'm actually looking forward to the series, which is unusual for me. I'm in the 'bring back Sylvester McCoy camp'.

Any way, BRING IT ON! And lets have less snogging, mushy stuff and interpersonal relationships, and let's KICK SOME ALIEN BUM! :D

Thanks for the Saxon link. Excellent!

Did you all see the other link there to Lazlabs?
LAZLABS.CO.UK

Last year, none of the webpages worked until the time that the episode aired, but that webpage concerns an episode to be shown on 05.05.07

I like that the Doctor's outfit has changed this year, too.

I'm not too sure about that. During the bulk of the episode is was the blue, but when he returned to take Martha on her "one trip, that's all. Just to say thank you!" he was back in his pinstripes.

---

LazLabs, eh?

It's amazing what they'll do to immerse people into the world more.

I'm not too sure about that. During the bulk of the episode is was the blue, but when he returned to take Martha on her "one trip, that's all. Just to say thank you!" he was back in his pinstripes.

And I hope it stays...men in suits are hot anyway (well, you know, within reason :D), but David Tennant in a suit is...well, there are no words to describe it. :D:D

Erm... yeah.

Anyway, I much prefer his pinstripes. Blue just doesn't... I don't know... blue just doesn't suit him as much.

Well, yes, they would be useful to begin to describe him...and now you've started, many other words are springing to mind :D;)

I was away for the weekend (which included both the first episode and the first repeat) so have only now had a chance to catch the very late in the week second repeat... but what a wait!

Fantastic opening episode. Lots of Doctor, lots of sci-fi and aliens, lots of action, plenty of comedy, self-deprecatory nods at former episode and slyness to future ones (had spotted the Saxon thing, though only in the Confidential when I saw the poster again). Agree with almost all the comments already made: less romance (though the odd snog is probably okay) and less of the irritating family (c.f. Jackie) would be preferable... however that is likely to be a reason for them returning to "current" Earth, which of course is needed for (presumably) both the mad doctor episode (with that bloke from League of Gentlemen) and (if different) the one which brings out the Saxon story arc (which is an identifiable presence [is it John Simm from "Corrie" and "Life on Mars"?], if you know who to look for, in the 90-second trailer for the season on the BBC's Doctor Who website. Incidentally, I reckon there're perhaps seven episodes featured...).

Personally I can't wait until episodes 4 and 5, when you-know-who are back!:eek:

Yeah - at least it's hardly a secret this time....

(and as I write, 27 minutes and counting to "The Shakespeare Code".)

. .
And I also snickered when Freema's role in the last series is explained as being her cousin. Ooh, a cousin who looks exactly like her :p (yes, it was cousin, not sister :p)
. . .

Their cousins, Identical cousins and you'll find,
They laugh alike, they walk alike,
At times they even talk alike --
You can lose your mind,
When cousins are two of a kind

Hehe, maybe that was a very subtle reference to "The Patty Duke Show"?

I loved the episode best first episode of the new Who line.
Martha's character was really well done and well played.

The story line is great. One thing though . . if I wanted to nit pick . . if the Doctor died cause his blood was sucked out why was Martha able to resuscitate him with chest compressions?

Thankfully it wasn't an episode ruining nitpick. In fact I didn't even think about it until recently. Nitpicks aside a truly great episode. I'm glad I didn't spoil myself by reading the description or searching for spoilers. That made it much more interesting.

I liked how she bumped into the doctor earlier and then again at the hospital. It kept me guessing as to what was going on.