X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)

jayce77

Summary: In the desperate search for his lost memory, Logan will travel from the wilds of the Canadian wilderness to the teeming lit cities of Japan and beyond. Running into old enemies and old Ghosts. . . .

Director:TBA
Screen Writer(s):David Benioff
Cast: Hugh Jackman - Wolverine/Logan

Cool, I've always been a fan of Wolverine, since before the movies and all. This should be interesting. I hope Sabretooth will be in it as a villain or even as an ally... and also I pray it will be better than the last X-men movie.

-Thinbalion

Will you watch X-Men Origins: Wolverine....?

Will you watch the movie X-Men Origins: Wolverine?
and why...?

Re: Will you watch X-Men Origins: Wolverine....?

Probably, I've seen the other ones which were ok so I might see it next week as I am on holiday. I guess for completeness, really.

Absolutely, in the hope they will veer towards a 'Batman Begins' style that will make up for the disappointing X-Men 3.

Also, the actor playing Sabretooth is quality (as opposed to an ex-wrestler), so I'm looking forward to a good scrap.

(oh, and the last reason: my girlfriend would watch a Hugh Jackman film if he did nothing but read the phone book for two hours, so she'll be taking me along :D)

The first 2 Xmen films impressed me - the 3rd was a bit of a letdown = too much story and not enough time I felt so they rushed things a lot in that last one.
Based on that I will give the film a try and see how it goes -

Probably, since I've watched all the others.
But will probably get it as a rental and not see it at the cinema.

these days you have to be so quick!
I guess its a failing of the cinema system at the moment - all they seem to care about is the boxoffice release week - after that films seem to cycle out of the cinemas quick and then hid the DVDs not long after that - heck its only a few months now from release to DVD (used to take 4 or so years for VHS!_

Will definitely be catching it on opening day...some people might knock it, but I can't wait to see what this movie is like.

I watched it last night. It was pretty good, enjoyable, entertaining, and had a lot of laugh out loud moments, which I wasn't expecting. The thing, though, was that it wasn't particularly plot-driven or complex; it really did just seem like "OK, we have Wolverine in his own movie...let's fill in the background". We knew two things about him at the start of the first film -- that he had an adamantium skeleton, and had lost his memory. And these were really the two things that the film set out to answer.

But as I day, still an enjoyable film, and some great characters. I really like Ryan Reynolds anyway, and he was very good as Wade Wilson (awesome swordsmanship). Deadpool was also very cool and I think he'd be an interesting character in his own right, if he had been more like the comic book character rather than the slotted-together mutant that he was in the film. There should've been more Gambit, though. Definitely more Gambit. If they're intent on doing all these X-Men spinoff films (Magneto's up next) then I think Gambit deserves a lot more screen time.

Dude, you need to stop plugging that youtube clip in every thread, else you might find yourself getting a warning from mods before too long...

I would like to stab the origins movie writer in the eyeball.

Seriously.

If you read Wolverine Origins you would know why.

Nothing to do with wolverines origins.

Epic fail.

its not the comic... its the movie... and it must take into consideration all the baggage the other three movies put in place already.

having said that... i think overall the plot was weak... solely driven to get Wolverine his adamantium and his memory loss. Yet, in spite of this the movie was great.

Alas for Hugh Jackman... in every scene, its another character that steals the spotlight. I think only Lynn Collins and Will I Am pale beside Hugh in their scenes with him.
Gambit and Deadpool were done brilliantly. I'm not the biggest Deadpool fan, so i don't know all his history, however, Ryan Reynolds seems to capture the Merc with the Mouth very well.
Taylor Kitsch was PERFECT as Gambit. And whilst Gambit IS one of my favourite characters, there aren't many instances where the film's storyline clashes greatly with the canon.
All the cameos from Marvels Merry Mutants were much appreciated... though an inexplicably ridiculous plot hole made Emma (Frost) Silverfox's sister... go figure and made no mention of her telepathy... I was pretty sure the trailer showed a young Storm popping up ... i watched really hard and could not see her anywhere... mucho disappointed...

Rate the movie X-men Wolverine....

if you have seen the movie X-men Wolverine; origins then rate it on the scale of 10...
you can even share your thoughts on the movie.. ...

i would rate it 8/10 ....

Re: Rate the movie X-men Wolverine....

Can't rate it yet as i haven't seen it. But i think it looks good and i want to.

as a real Wolverine fan i would have to rate it at around 4/10 because honestly, there wasnt enough blood! and i know this is a kid friendly film but seriously!! i would rather have a 15 rating or even an 18 if it meant id see Logan Rampaging around the weapon X facility like he does in the comics in a beserker rage slicing and dicing! he's supposed to be a gritty charector for crying out loud!!!

AND they pretty much completely destroyed Deadpool for me! if they kept him as the whitty merc with a mouth he is at the beginning of the film then id bloody love it cuz that was great! but seriously... Deadpool... unable to talk.... unable to pull off the one liners... with swords coming outta his wrists?! SERIOUSLY!!

The first 2 Xmen films impressed me - the 3rd was a bit of a letdown = too much story and not enough time I felt so they rushed things a lot in that last one.
Based on that I will give the film a try and see how it goes -

got to agree with you analaysis.

wolverine ahs to be better than x-3