1.09: The Other Dick

Well, that was a fairly entertaining episode. The plots written for an hour of TV definately are able to make more sense than trying to jam a book's plot into an hour.

It was also interesting to watch Claudia Black not play an alien for once.

I liked the twists in this one though I thought the 'capture incubus baby in photograph' bit to be rather silly. I mean really. Anyway, otherwise I liked it, especially Bob and Harry trying to figure out the cipher together.

Yes. I enjoyed this epsiode a lot more than last week's - my misgivings about Claudia Black not-withstanding (I really just don't like her) - the episode was better than I thought it was going to be.

Is it just me, or was this almost like Dresden mees "Law & Order"? W/ the twists and the putting things together n' stuff? Not bad - just different.

And of course - love Bob. Love Bob and Harry working on stuff - those are always fun scenes! :)

I enjoyed this episode for the most part. I am new to this forum etc. so I just wanted to say I was very excited when I heard that there was going to be series on Sci-Fi and was very dissapointed at first. I had to separate the book series from the TV series as pretty much the only thing in common are names and the fact that magic works. Although I do like Bob.

Oh - there's much more in common than just the names. *g* Everything's not out-right visible, but it's there.

The 'flavor' of the book series is present in the tv series, which, to me, is far more important than direct translation of every detail.

Also, it's key to keep in mind that this is a tv series, so not all of the details that we may be aware of from reading the books will be spelled out immediately. The series has to keep a few things hidden in the back closet so there's something to use for character development later. (Jim does this in the books - how many times have you wondered just why exactly Harry did something, only to learn later that there's some wicked nasty bit in his past that made him that way? *g*)

Yes - it can be difficult to separate book and tv, there are several heated discussions on several boards based on such - but I think they're getting it. I've enjoyed the series so far and with only a couple exceptions, all of the episodes have been very good. Plus - any show that can make me LIKE a werewolf character, has to be doing something right! :)

Saw the rerun of this last night, and I have to say that any bit featuring Harry and Bob working together is the best part of the show, in my opinion!:)

I wonder if Claudia Black's character will reappear in later episodes. That would be fun.

I wonder if Claudia Black's character will reappear in later episodes. That would be fun.

If there's a second season - it would be fun to see her. If nothing else, as an acquaintance of Harry's - one of those 'friends' he's supposed to have. ;)