Essential Anthologies

Groff Conklin:
Mentioned elsewhere. Conklin's anthologies during the 1950s and 1960s were just about exhaustive, especially for all the great SF written in the 1940s and 50s.
A comprehensive list is here:

Groff Conklin

Nightfall and other Stories by Issac Asimov
There is a novelization of Nightfall by Asimov and Silverberg.
I think Silverberg wrote it, really, Silverberg is a good writer, but this is not a good book, I could not finish it.

There is a novelization of Nightfall by Asimov and Silverberg.
I think Silverberg wrote it, really, Silverberg is a good writer, but this is not a good book, I could not finish it.

I thought about picking this one up at one point.

An anthology is a compendium of stories by different authors. That's how the term is usually applied in the field of SF and fantasy.

Anyway—that said, I'd like to draw attention to the following three anthologies, especially the last one:

1. The Best of the Best: 20 Years of the Year's Best Science Fiction, ed. Gardner Dozois (St. Martin's Press/Griffin, 2005)

2. The Best of the Best, Volume 2: 20 Years of the Best Short Science Fiction Novels (St. Martin's Press/Griffin, 2007)

3. The Very Best of the Best: 35 Years of the Year's Best Science Fiction, ed. Gardner Dozois (St. Martin's Press/Griffin, February 2019)