Anyone ever want more?

I always thought after the B and M was made making the Belgarath and Polgara instalments were great cause it made the complete story whole yet....I think because we dont have Zedars instalment we are missing out on the history of Malloria and Zedars contribution. Yeh we find that out in the end but I find it a bit biased because its from the other caracters point of view of Zedar not from zedar himself. Zedar is the main reason Errond even got found he sould get some credit.

2ndly Ce'Nedra lives for as long has her tree does and seeing as they planted hers and garions before she got pregnant I see that as a sign that they both will live imortal lives. Imortal means long life span.... dying in a war or being burnt to death is normal, i mean think about the lord of the rings....elfs were imortal but if they didnt die from a knifeing in a war they would have one any fight they came to.

I always thought after the B and M was made making the Belgarath and Polgara instalments were great cause it made the complete story whole yet....I think because we dont have Zedars instalment we are missing out on the history of Malloria and Zedars contribution.

that's a very good point. i always thought the "bad guys" got shafted because we never got to hear their side of the story.

back to the thread topic: yep, i always want more. that's why i actively roleplay to the tune of The Belgariad and Mallorean. i'm probably too old to let my imagination run away with me like that, but i can't help it. i can't get enough of them.

I always thought after the B and M was made making the Belgarath and Polgara instalments were great cause it made the complete story whole yet....I think because we dont have Zedars instalment we are missing out on the history of Malloria and Zedars contribution. Yeh we find that out in the end but I find it a bit biased because its from the other caracters point of view of Zedar not from zedar himself. Zedar is the main reason Errond even got found he sould get some credit.

2ndly Ce'Nedra lives for as long has her tree does and seeing as they planted hers and garions before she got pregnant I see that as a sign that they both will live imortal lives. Imortal means long life span.... dying in a war or being burnt to death is normal, i mean think about the lord of the rings....elfs were imortal but if they didnt die from a knifeing in a war they would have one any fight they came to.

Ce'Nedra's tree would have been planted or have sprouted on the day she was born. the tree they plant before she gets pregnant is actually two separate trees that Ce'Nedra's dryad training will allow to grow into a single tree - a living symbol of their union. the acorns came from Queen Xantha's tree and from Ce'Nedra's own.

That's a good point, Devilsgrin. I kept getting mixed up myself, especially over Ce'Nedra's tree. Then again, it's been a while since I reread it.

And welcome to the Chronicles, Madinno!:)

Any continuation of the Belgariad/Mallorean would have to be a "spin-off" featuring other characters than Garion (his job is finished, he fixed the universe), and revolve around a plot other than the now resolved "split necessity/destiny" theme.

I just feel that the Mallorean was too final. Belgarath, Polgara et al were the protectors of good, and since the main source of Evil was defeated, aren't they now redundant?

Well there was still order to consider. Belgarath, Polgara, and Garion are all better capable of keeping the Alorns in line than Eriond really could. Basically housekeeping chores instead of putting against the Angaraks anymore (alorns keeping the Bels out of trouble)

I'm still annoyed at David Eddings. Because he did manage to wrap the story up but at the same time left some loose ends that could have been further developed. For example, Beldin and Vella (I really really want to know what happened to them), Polgara's twins, Silk and Velvet, Eriond/Errand etc. etc.

It was a happy ending but I feel like the series hasn't fully ended! :(

Well, Mr Eddings and his wife are gone, so... it is up to our imaginations and no one will be happy with someone else's version of what happened in "ever after". I first read the series in the 80's while on a ship at sea in the US Navy. Again, after I retired in the 90's and now again in 2012. I actually "read" the books back in the day, now I listen to recordings.

You know when you "read" a book, you have a "little movie in your mind" and when you think about your movie, you see what your mind created as you read. Listening causes or creates a different "movie in your mind". So I was disappointed in the "listening" movie in my mind, because I did not "see" the same things as when I read the books.
I have arrived in this forum because I Googled, "The Will and the Word".

Why? Because I want to "do it". I am pretty sure I know the "word" part, but how does one "gather the will"? I practice what I think that is, but have not "changed, created, read a mind, etc" , as yet.

However, things in my life are changing. I was retired, but recently went back to work so I could help pay my youngest daughters's tuition to college. I have noticed that people, "customers" accept me in a new way. I can not define it in virtual terms, but older people seem to be happy, I am there serving them, and young children tend to smile and wave to me and respond to questions I ask about school and things in general.

Does anyone know how to "gather the Will"?

Last edited by a moderator: