BBC Radio version of LOTR

ray gower

LOTR Radio Play

For those in the UK that don't manage to fight off the queues for the film at the local flea pit.

It might be worth noting that BBC Radio 4 are starting their thirteen part dramatisation of the book as the Saturday Play starting Saturday 5th January

loved the radio / tape version..

Bought it a few years ago....

yeah but what numbers like! radio 1 is like 97.6 to about 99.8 dependng on where u are

Think Radio 4 is somewhere between 98 and 104 on FM.
Starting from radio 2 start tuning until you find radio 3 (classic music without Mathew Kelly), then keep going until they start speaking English.

I usually use LW which is 1500M

Originally posted by Snape
yeah but what numbers like! radio 1 is like 97.6 to about 99.8 dependng on where u are

oooo sorry did not know what u meant.... stupid neo

Apparently u can now get it on CD,,,, at around £19.00 per book

I listened to it. My mum kept saying Frodo should have been Bilbo, but then it WAS Ian Holme!:D Still good.... Gollum was good i think:)

aaw i missed the one today, When the next one? I was out shopping when it was on:(

ta - radio 4 rite? ok *mental note - listen to LOTR on radio*

I've read 'Fellowship of the Ring' in 2 or three days. Finished it today. And since I have the luxury of being able to read the omnibus I got 6 years ago, I can go straight onto the next book!

Heard the radio play today. The way they've changed things round about it is interesting. They put Gollum's going to Mordor at the beginning, which was good, 'cos it set up what had already happened. I loved the way Gollum was done, going on about his precioussss.
And then we found out almost right away what happened between Gandalf and Saruman, rather then wating until the immensly tedious yet important part with the Elrond's Council in Rivendell.

I thought it was also interesting, but of course you have to change the ordering, when the narrative is taken out as much as it is. I think they did it well:D