Help save planet from exploitation "plot"

Q-TEC

Can anyone help me remember I at an age when I find my shoes in the fridge.
It might have been a novela rather than a book, or short story. Around mid seventies I read a book with the following plot.

Rocket pilot crashed planet with rural simple idillic people. But knowing there was loads of ruthless mining exploitating companies out there he left a set of rules after his death in case one found his planet.

To keep it short a ruthless mining corp turned up and tried to screw the inhabitants, but thier using the rules left by the pilot won the day in inter galatic court.

Any ideas on title and author?:confused:

The storyline sounds vaguely familiar, but the title/author is eluding me, too. I'd be as interested to find out what it is.

Welcome to the Chronicles, though, Q-TEC.

Yes, I know the story well; tourism upsetting fishing, tax laws, ninety percent literacy, and the very end "O'Brian? (or whatever) Who was O'Brian?" I'm pretty sure it's in my bookshelves. and that it was a short story (at most a novella, not enough to fill a book) But, without an author, I don't know where to start looking (though look I did)
Now you've got me hoping someone will come up with it.
Oh, yes, welcome in; even if we don't seem over useful for the time being.

It's Monument by Lloyd Biggle, Jr. It's one of my favorites. O'brien is a prospector who discovers the mother lode, but on his way back to cash in he crash lands on an inhabited planet. The planet is a paradise and he grows to love it and the people. But he has to find a way to save them from exploitation.

Thank you.
And it came out under separate cover, too. However, I've scrambled my way up to the "B"s, and it wasn't there, so suspect it of being in an anthology, or collection.
Still, even if I don't find it, it's fairly well installed between my ears.

Yeah, the first time I read it, it was in an anthology of short stories. I think it was called 'Langri' or something like that. Then one day I was at a used book store and saw 'Monument' sitting on the shelf. When I started browsing thru it, I realized this was an expanded version of the story. Oh, just for trivia, it was almost made into a movie back in the '70s when Star Wars started the science fiction movie craze. I saw an article on it in one of the movie magazines, complete with concept drawings. Don't know what happened, though, since it never made it to the theaters.