A personal appearance by ... me

Teresa Edgerton

Goblin Princess
Staff member
Supporter
For those of you who live near San Francisco and who might be looking for something to do on a Monday night:

I'm going to be doing a reading and a Q&A at the Hotel Metropolis "Sneak Peek Literary Lounge" (yes, it does sound faintly disreputable, but it's not supposed to be), on March 19, at 6:00.

They apparently select a different theme every month. Until now, everything has been very, very serious nonfiction or poetry or mainstream. March is women writers, and why they've asked Katharine Kerr and I to fill in two different slots I don't know -- except that the gentleman in charge knows our mutual agent.

If you're interested, you can access their website for more information:

http://www.hotelmetropolis.com/html/lit-lounge.html

If you'd like to come, I could use the moral support.

Hooray, Teresa!

I don't think I can make it, but I'm delighted to hear you're going to be out in public. Will you be reading a selection from The Hidden Stars?

I haven't quite made up my mind. I'm tempted to read one of the short stories, but I think they want writers to read something new. Which would mean something from the book I'm working on now.

Which would mean something from the book I'm working on now.

That sounds like a good idea. Reading something that's like what's currently (or soon to be) available makes more sense than reading something that the audience would have a hard time obtaining and that doesn't reflect your current books.

Yes, I suppose so, but short stories often leave the audience more satisfied, because they are self-contained. Assuming there is much of an audience to be satisfied or the reverse. I don't know if they are promoting this event where local people who read SFF are likely to see it.

I wish you could be there, though.

Aparently something ate my post?
(probably the so feared posty-monster:eek: oh no!)

Anyway good luck and just get there and have them 'Terrified mortified petrified stupefied by you!' (quote from a beautiful mind)

Too bad I can't come either, unless someone ;) is willing to send me a plane ticket.:p

Better still, someone could buy me a ticket and I could go to Europe: visit friends from Chronicles, see the sights ...

Darn, and I'm in the wrong end of the States to come...

Oh, well, I shall ship you virtual moral support and hope that the audience is large and appreciative of their good fortune...

Laura J. Underwood

Well, I'll send you some virtual moral support from the other sunshine state. I'm sure you'll have a great time and the people there will have a wonderful experience to share with their friends.

Virtual moral support from here, as well. Off to see my mother that day. I'm not sure she'd be too impressed if I jetted off to California instead - she's looking forward to getting a chance to play with her grandson. It's a father/son/grandmother day out sort of thing!

Best of luck with the reading, Teresa. I'm sure you'll go down a storm.

Hope it goes well for you Teresa. At least you'll be sharing the podium with someone else so the pressure's not all on you.
I'm sure you'll wow them. Sounds like a funky place the Hotel Metropolis. Watch out for robotic looking women called Maria, though :)

Well, thanks for the good wishes everyone, but it turns out they cancelled the whole series. I have the impression that they may have reached this decision several days ago and took their time about telling the authors involved, so I'm a bit miffed about that, but otherwise I'm not at all disappointed. It did seem like Kit and I were going to be a odd match with their usual crowd, and driving into San Francisco at that hour was going to be pretty horrific. (Not that I was going to be the one doing the driving.)

Sorry it got cancelled, but glad you aren't disappointed about same. Is there a possibility of some other sort of arrangement for a personal appearance to take its place?

They said they've decided to go with other kinds of promotions, whatever that means. But they approached me on this in the first place; I'm quite content to look out for much better opportunities.

I've been so sick this week, that's another reason why I wasn't looking forward to it. Sunday Night/Monday Morning in the emergency room with the intestinal flu, and the rest of Monday on through Tuesday in bed. I was so dehydrated, they had to pump in three litres of fluids. I'm still not entirely recovered, and there's no guarantee that I would have been by this coming Monday.

They said they've decided to go with other kinds of promotions, whatever that means. But they approached me on this in the first place; I'm quite content to look out for much better opportunities.

I've been so sick this week, that's another reason why I wasn't looking forward to it. Sunday Night/Monday Morning in the emergency room with the intestinal flu, and the rest of Monday on through Tuesday in bed. I was so dehydrated, they had to pump in three litres of fluids. I'm still not entirely recovered, and there's no guarantee that I would have been by this coming Monday.

Good grief! No, that's not good at all!

Well, hope that something better comes along; and, in the meantime, take care of yourself there....:eek:

Gack! How horrid for you, Teresa!

I want you to be well. Be well. Be well now.

(Jedi mind control has never worked for me before, but I'm trying anyway.)