1.05: Bad Blood

Highlander II

There can be only one!!
episode description borrowed from TV.com

After a failed hit on her life, Chicago's most powerful vampire (Joanne Kelly) calls upon Harry Dresden. In debt to her for saving his life years before, he agrees to help her find the mastermind behind the plan to take her down.

THERE WILL BE SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD

if this is the one which aired last week (2/25) I missed it!

And I notice that tonight's episode has Harry carrying the hockey stick. I would appreciate it if someone would fill me in on the stick's origin.

The hockey stick is the equivalent of book!Harry's staff - holds the same function.

I was okay with it at first, but now, it's starting to irk me. It seems kinda silly and I'm hoping they give him a real staff next season.

Yeah - this was last week's episode. If you're in the US, you can get them on iTunes. If you're outside the US - that's a little trickier. You can check the SciFi site and see if they have the ep's streaming there or poke around elsewhere. Or wait for the repeats.

Oh - also - if you're in the US - they do repeat them on USA at about 1am on Wed-into-Thurs.

I have to watch this episode again before I chat much about it.

yes, I realize that's his staff--but how did he GET it? Did it just suddenly appear? not magically, I mean--was it just used without any explanation, or was there some plot device to introduce it.

And on that note, he had it with him briefly when he went out in last night's episode, but returned to the apartment without it. No explanation, and it will probably crop up again. :(

No explanation that we've been given so far. It just hasn't come up yet. Though, yeah, some sort of explanation would be nice.

I'm just glad the evil drumstick is gone - that thing was just cheesey.

I'm watching the episodes and more-or-less enjoying them. The actor who is playing Harry is effective at conveying believable layers of emotion. And the standalone stories are OK (not riveting, but sufficiently entertaining).

But the show isn't giving me the same jolt as the last few Dresden novels that Butcher has written. I know it's unfair of me to compare the two; a book lasts far longer than a single episode. And yet . . .

How are the rest of you feeling, now that you've watched a few episodes?

I'm really liking the show so far - mostly b/c I'm NOT comparing it to the books.

I will admit to being confused during the first ep and wondering what the heck they were doing, but as the show progresses, they're filling in details and things are playing out nicely. ;)

I had picture issues during this episode, so I got distracted and missed a couple things, so I'll have to go back and watch it again, but I can say, I wasn't as impressed w/ this episode as I was w/ the previous two.

The only thing that's starting to kind of grate on my nerves is the 'Harry has some new chic in every episode' thing. That's - weird. Harry getting 'lucky more than he does in the books' does NOT have to translate to 'Harry gets a girl every episode'. Who is he Duncan MacLeod? sheeeeesh.... ;)

I haven't read all of the books written so far, but I'm really enjoying the series. This episode was no different. A bit of humour, a bit of action, quite a lot of magic... What's not to like?:)