Cthulhu For Beginners

Foxbat

None The Wiser
Supporter
Well, I finally got around to reading this one and despite being not much of a horror fan, I quite enjoyed this. I understand that HP expanded quite considerably the idea here in other stories so I will be hunting them down.

I found this piece quite cinematic and am surprised its never been attempted as a film. Perhaps now with today's CGI the time is coming for the ancient city to rise from the sea once more. Maybe we'll even find out how to make our very own Cthulhu on Blue Peter.

Call me a convert!

OK. You're a convert! :D

The general consensus is that you probably shouldn't watch a film based on Lovecraft's work. In a "Raiders of the Lost Ark", South Park-esque scenario, demons will leap from the screen and liquify your flesh, dragging your soul away to be imprisoned within cages of solid pain beyond the edge of time. This has nothing to do with the demonic subject matter of such films, so much as the fact they usually are quite bad (with exceptions).

I'm glad you're enjoying yourself, though. I heartily recommend the Shadow Over Innsmouth, myself. Perfect movie fodder, and an awesome tale.

Convert.

"Cthulhu for Beginners"?? Confused

This is my first time reading anything from the Cthulhu Mythos - makes me a beginner :)

demons will leap from the screen and liquify your flesh, dragging your soul away to be imprisoned within cages of solid pain beyond the edge of time.

I can just see the opening title: Filmed in Cthulhuvision :D

It is to shudder, to shriek, to lose control of the bowels and bladder!
CTHULHUVISION!!!!! GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!