Sci-Fi Short Story Help (Time Travelling Killer)

drob1787

I'm looking for the author, title and maybe the book this story was collected in. It started off from the perspective of a man who was travelling back in time killing the same woman over and over again. He would murder her, then travel back one day earlier and kill her again. Towards the end of the story, we find out that, from her perspective, her father killed the man the first night he came to her house. The next night, he came back, and they initially thought he was the twin brother of the first killer. When he came back the third and fourth nights, they realized something strange was happening, and began training the girl to fight for herself. After that, every night she would kill him again, working her way forward, as he worked his way backward, killing her.

It was a pretty cool story, and I liked the unique twist. Thanks in advance for any help.

I know it's not cool to reply to yourself, but I remembered that the story was from a collection of sci-fi stories, which was published sometime after the mid-90's.

Thanks.

I know it's not cool to reply to yourself, but I remembered that the story was from a collection of sci-fi stories, which was published sometime after the mid-90's.

Thanks.

I don't think there's any problem with that in such a case... just adding more information. Unfortunately, though it's ringing bells, they're not loud enough for me to place the tale; perhaps someone else will be a little quicker on the uptake than I.

At any rate, welcome to the Chronicles, and good luck with your search!:)