Your favourite artist?

William Blake:

William%20Blake%20-%20A%20radical%20visionary.jpg

blakedragonbg.jpg

ghost031.jpg

I've found Quinton Hoover to have an amazing ability of drawing things and adding this high school drawing feel. But somehow you know it's just that tickle better.:)
here

I am in no way an art aficionado, but I love Arthur Rackham and his illustrations for the Nibelungenlied (yesss I've finally managed to spell that correctly!).

I'm a big fan of pinup art, current and old.

Some of the current pinup artists do a lot of sci-fi and fantasy themed stuff with their pinup subjects.

Julie Strain is a popular pinup model with many artists today.

I'd say my three favorite pinup artists are Olivia, Hajimi Sorayama, and Armando Huerta. Sorayama has done a lot of fetish type paintings over the years, especially recently, but it was his "robot lady" paintings that I first noticed when I was a kid.

Armando Huerta's stuff is pure pinup, but his ladies are quite naked, and quite well endowed. His paintings are much more "sexual" in feel. He did a great painting of Julie Strain as Wonder Woman though, and she's covered in all the right places.

I also like Drew Posada. His women are more graphic and sexual in nature in some of his paintings, but in many others, he has heavy fantasy/sci-fi type backgrounds, costumes, etc.

I like the way some pinup artists have combined the sci-fi, fantasy, and even horror themes into their work.

I can't post any direct links to their web sites because much of the art on them is too graphic for this board. (just look up their names online if you want to check their stuff out)

I like a lot of general fantasy and sci-fi themed art as well, but I'm not familiar with many of the artist's names. I just like their stuff.

I do remember artists like Sue Dawe, growing up. I loved her unicorns.

No argument from me on that one, Ally. The man was a genius.

This is not to be missed: Tate Britain| Current Exhibitions | William Blake :

William Blake: 'I still go on / Till the Heavens and Earth are gone'
3 November 2007 – 1 June 2008

Free Entry

This special display marks the 250th anniversary of the birth of William Blake.
The Tate created the first ever Blake Gallery in the 1920s and since then Tate has played a very important part in presenting Blake to an international audience. This display includes Blake works from the excellent permanent collection but a highlight is the private loans of recently discovered works which have never before been exhibited.

Hi Guys, I am impressed with John Petrucci. He is awesome artist. He is hard rock metal, but also veryyy melodic and have great rythm . Seve Vai and David Lee Roth are also good Artist

Last edited:
My favorite is the legendary concept designer and illustrator Syd Mead. He is probably best known for his Sci-Fi designs done for movies such as Blade Runner, Aliens, 2010, and Tron. His work is simply spectacular! Especially the environment and vehicle designs are phenomenal. I spend countless hours studying his work very closely and with great pleasure. His attention to detail and the ability to illustrate unique designs that flow in beautiful harmony with the environment is matched by few.

At the moment? Jean Giraud Moebius. If you've never heard of him, I urge you to look him up.

Jesse Lacey being one of my favorite lyricists of all time.it's different musically then Deja Entendu,it has a has a great sound, great music, great lyrics,This is a very typical pop-punk emo angst .

One of many wonderful paintings I saw recently on a visit to the Frick Collection in New York.:)

Jean-Baptiste Greuze - The Wool Winder

Hmm, on topic: Clyde Caldwell, Larry Elmore, Boris Vallejo, Jeff Easley, Julie Bell, Luis Royo, Olivia.

Off-topic: Carnelian (my avatar is one of hers), Noiji Itoh, Aubrey Beardsley, and an exceptional artist I've found on my travels round the internet, Vovo:

View attachment 16984 Webpage

(I'm quite certain I've missed a ton of them, so I'll probably update this as I recall more).

It's their way of realising and expressing the human form that interests me, either bold and vibrant, delicate and sensuous, or feminine and innocent.

Last edited: