Your favourite artist?

Yes, isn't Boris' stuff witty? He was a master of anthropomorphizing the mechanized world. Somehow, in his gifted hands, that rather cold, dispassionate world aways seemed a bit more friendly and charming!

artzybasheff1_mechills_oct54.jpg

Thank you everyone! Here's a seraphim by Ernst Fuchs:

b5-1.jpg

And here's another vision of loveliness courtesy of Professor Fuchs, less celestial and a bit more conventional:

evachristina.jpg

Last edited:
In a different geist,

Ohne Titel (it's like a veil made of barbed wire...)

Oh, look for the pic labelled : ohne Titel (P101186), 2005, C-Print Aludibond, 52,5x70 cm, Ed. 5 +2AP

The Geist piece is very ethereal in it's handling of grisaille, Giovanna. Hypnotic.

"Remember, it's commercial art"? Kelly Freas would take a hammer and tongs to you if he ever heard you say that Ben! :D

I was only pulling your leg! At any rate, Kelly never ended up in my all-star artist list. Here's another piece by Fuch's:

b10gr.jpg

And here's two more by another all-time favourite, Mati Klarwein, who sadly passed away at only 69 years of age in 2002:

mati-clone-02jpgw560h565.jpg

blessing-1965.jpg

Last edited:
I'm a big Vallejo fan

he's brilliant

the man 's a genius

greatest artist that ever lived

puts Leonardo and Rembrandt to shame

the vison,the execution

the total lack of cliches

simply marvelous

I'd agree, while adding that he's also amongst the most professional and gentlemanly guys in the biz.

I had the good fortune of working with him on a project for the Noble Collection in the summer of 2002. Here's one of the four results of that collaboration:

JungleHeroine01B.jpg

JungleHeroine06B.jpg

JungleHeroine02B.jpg

JungleHeroine08B.jpg

Lily, Chaser and Strife: Thanks for the kind word!

Oh well, Ben, let's just say that we agree that we disagree on that particular point. Working with Boris was a career highlight for me. :)