Your favourite artist?

Well, this thread has helped me discover some hidden gems, so I thought I'd share one with you all :)

Hmm, on topic: Clyde Caldwell, Larry Elmore, Boris Vallejo, Jeff Easley, Julie Bell, Luis Royo, Olivia.

Off-topic: Carnelian (my avatar is one of hers), Noiji Itoh, Aubrey Beardsley, and an exceptional artist I've found on my travels round the internet, Vovo:

16984d1212240927-your-favourite-artist-02_01.jpg

Webpage

(I'm quite certain I've missed a ton of them, so I'll probably update this as I recall more).

It's their way of realising and expressing the human form that interests me, either bold and vibrant, delicate and sensuous, or feminine and innocent.

Ah, that's the one I always liked! I'd forgotten about it. Thanks, Momo!

Very beautiful. :)

I always search for new images and have found a new fave, Helen Alveranga,
I love her work of such simple scenes painted with photo realism. She makes snails pretty!! LOL.

I LOVE the snails, Daisybee! Very realistic! I'm always a fan of artists who paint realisticly.

I wonder if you can get a bigger version of it... I'd use it as my desktop!

Salvador Dali, M.C. Escher and although I know very little about his other works Las Meninas by Diego Velázquez (I don't think I'd have found it half as intersting without the figure in the doorway).

Does photography count? I don't know why but there's something strangely enchanting about View from the Window at Le Gras (La cour du domaine du Gras) the first recorded photograph, by Joseph Nicéphore Niépce in 1826.

I think that photography would count, especially in this case - that picture is lovely!

In fact, it's been a while since I last checked this thread, and there have been some great pictures here - thanks for sharing them, everyone!:)

Mati Klarwein's been my favorite artist since I saw the cover to
Santana Abraxas in 1970-
The Low Brow art of Robert Williams is also a long time favorite...

A few 'new guys' (since I got a computer) that I really dig are
Todd Schorr, Travis A. Louie & a guy who goes by XNO (who's
stuff is to die for!) ;)