just want to talk about the book?

ALDUR

I AM A GOD
well ive read the belgariad and the mallorean. im currently reading belgarath the sorcerer. .

If you're continuing the Belgariad/Malloreon world, then Belgarath the Sorcerer is a good place to start. Have you read Polgara the Sorceress? Or The Rivan Codex? Both are set in the same world, and they give a lot of behind the scenes information for the two series.

Have you tried any other Eddings?(The Elenium/Tamuli series, Redemption of Althalus or The Elder Gods series) I've read most of them, and it's good to see some new opinions. As for wanting to talk about the book, you've come to the right place!:)

Hello and welcome to the Chronicles, ALDUR!:)

Don't read the Rivan Codex!!!!!! I got it out of the library, and it's a how-to-write-fantasy handbook, and shattered a lot of my illusions about the series. I wouldn't reccommend it.

Belgarath is one of the better ones, IMO, as the characters are fully developed, Mr Eddings has been working with the material for, what? 20 years? And knows the world inside out.

It's funny, moving, frustratiing, sometimes mawkish and over-the-top. It's also a really good and enjoyable read.

Hello from me, too.

The Mallorean and the Belgariad are really better than harry potter( and i am a hardcore harry potter fan) these are the best books i rekon. I love them. But Happy is the Rivan Codex really that bad? Is it like quidditch through the ages.

I was disappointed, because I thought it would be like it said on the front; Holy Texts from that world. It was, but with a lot of technical stuff and ego patting thrown in. There were also a couple of comments which really made me lose my respect for David Eddings as an author.

Yes, when he's writing about Garion, Belgarath or Polgara, he's brilliant. The Rivan Codex does contain some good stuff, but it contains a hell of a lot of Eddings' self-opinionated ravings.

Back