Favourite, Gemmell series.

Kaylo Mizuri

The Forgotten Soul
I know most people will say the Drenai saga. But which of Gemmell's series' did everyone find the best. I like the Rigante books the most, and The Damned books a close second. (I know the damned books are drenai)

drenai. in honesty, i've not read anything but that and his standlalone books, nothing else appealed to me

W_S Jon Shannows book count was 3 wolf in shadow, the last guardian and Bloodstone and probably my favourite too along with the Waylander series

Yes, I know Bloodstone was another Shannow novel but it always felt a bit of an afterthought to me. The two I mentioned were linked, the Bloodstone novel less so. I enjoyed it, but I felt that it would have been best finishing the Shannow story after The Last Guardian.

Most of them are linked in some way - if DD is around on the board (I've never in my whole know anyone who had such an encyclopedic knowledge of DG books) he'd be able to say more then me about it.

But.....I love the Drenai series.

i think for me it would be drenai!

although i love the others too!

i'm also an idiot, i read Wolf In Shadow then moved onto Bloodstone by mistake, but cant put it down as am half way through! Will read Last Guardian straight after

I hate doing that, I always make sure that I read a series in the correct order, it's like some sort of OCD thing. lol.

Yer, i hate starting in the middle of the series. I've read most of Gemmells series, but my favourite so far is the Alexander one, got the perfect mix of fantasy and history

Most of them are linked in some way - if DD is around on the board (I've never in my whole know anyone who had such an encyclopedic knowledge of DG books) he'd be able to say more then me about it.

But.....I love the Drenai series.

Yep most are linked the trickiest ones to place are the Hawk Queen Duology and Dark Moon, other than that the rest fit into one timeline, these are the only three that cause problems, atlhough I think Ive probably solved the Hawk Queen problem now. lol I will at some point have a full timeline for every single book and do it in a way that makes sense for everyone.

I sort of thought they were ALL linked but I didn't know for sure. I thought echoes would have been a hard one to place and the John Shannow ones.

I love the Rigante. I think that has something to do with Ravenheart being the first Gemmell book I ever read but there we go. I also really like the Damned, but Ravenheart's the only one to make me cry so therefore remains the greatest

I know most people will say the Drenai saga. But which of Gemmell's series' did everyone find the best. I like the Rigante books the most, and The Damned books a close second. (I know the damned books are drenai)

I am with u all the way

I have only read Rigante series so far but i loved the series.

It is what made me a DG fan and made me wanna read his other series as soon as possible.

I didnt even know of DG before my brother came home with Sword in the storm which was amazing.

I didnt know heroic fantasy existed and i was about to give up fantasy as genre cause the ones i have read from so called great writers hadnt impressed me.

DG style is brilliant, great characters,story,awesome battles. I think his strenght is that he makes many characters you connect to easily. Connavar,Ruthain,Bane,Ring,Gaise etc were great. Another strenght is the good guys arent godly good like many other.

The first one I read was, Dark Moon. Then The First Chronicles of Druss. But I just loved the Rigante ones. Ravenheart is incredibly sad, but I thought. Midnight Falcon was worse. Stormrider is the best thig I've ever read...EVER.

So far Shannow series are my favorit. Shannow is the one i feel most for. His world was so dark and he was so tragic hero that i really felt for him. Only Legend comes near what i felt after finishing Shannow series. Both i felt very emotionaly drained cause you felt so much reading it.

So far its this order.

Shannow

Rigante

Ghost King

Drenai i have only read Legend so far it cant compete right now.

This is a hard question, all of his books are so good. But if I was forced to pick a series I would have say the Shannow books and the two Parmenion ones.