new hard sf novel (free)

jackarcalon

new hard sf novel (free)
It can be downloaded for free or purchased at infinitethunder.com
I would appreciate some feedback and suggestions about my new Print On Demand novel. Like many authors here, I would like to get this thing published for real. I spent a bit longer on it than I would have liked. At 120.000 words it may need to be shortened.
Obviously, most people won't have time to read the whole thing, but every book needs a strong opening, etc.

The plot:

Here's the blurb:
July 2041. A time of false calm is ending. Society is becoming unstable. Rick Parkland, a UN inspector with a philosophy degree, discovers a plot to conceal scientific knowledge, the world's greatest crime.
Artificial intelligence is dissolving the boundaries of reality, but humans still have the advantage. Rick travels through seven countries on a philosophical journey, confronting questions too obvious to ask.
The evidence leads to mankind's strangest enemy, a person who may be imaginary. The conspiracy is more complicated than it seems, and the outcome will change history.

---How does it work, that it is free or can be purchased? The buyer chooses? Isn't even giving them a choice a bit redundant?

Obviously, I would prefer as many people as possible voluntarily buy the novel (the more the better), but not everyone can afford to, or may be willing to purchase an unreviewed book. Also, I could really use some feedback. I was inspired by Cory Doctorow's "Someone Comes to Town, Someone Leaves Town", though I'm not claiming I'm anywhere near as good. He released his book under a creative commons license.