Stephen King - Best Book??

Since my last post I've read The Stand..and It probably comes in just above 'salem's Lot.
My list is now:

The Shining
The Stand
'salem's Lot

The Dark Tower series is one of the best series I've ever read, and my favourite set of King books, but it isn't a single book so I haven't counted it here.

I really loved Rose Madder but it was mainly because it held some personal value for me. Although the ending of the book was somehow like only one queer tangle and too mild as well.

And then there was one novel which told about the death of some famous writer's wife, how his life was going on after his spouse had perished and how finally all kinds of ghaustly things became to be his new reality. Can't remember the title of the latter book but it was awesome.

I really like Stephen King's style of writing and the way how he is able to create so plausible characters.

Sounds like you might be referring to Bag of Bones there, HOHO. Quite a good book, indeed. And yes, King's ability to create such diverse and believable characters is definitely one of his best talents.

It'd be hard for me to pin down, but I'll try,
1) The Wastelands
2) The Stand
3) The Tommyknockers
4) The Gunslinger
5) It
6) The Drawing of the Three
7) SoS

So I imagined the existence of From A Buick 8? It may be slight regurgitation from Christine with certain elements. But it's still excellent. *Spoiler to follow....sort of*

I do love to believe that what's in the car is Boo'Ya Moon.

DT series aside, I must go with It. The Stand is a very close one, but still, the It has the first spot.

IW said:
I do love to believe that what's in the car is Boo'Ya Moon.

Certainly is an interesting idea -- never thought of that before. It's been quite some time since I read Lisey's Story, but isn't there something about the colour purple and Boo'ya Moon? That certainly would create a link to what's inside the Buick.

King's recent books I've only read Duma Key and really enjoyed it. I'd say it's one of the best King's I've read. My next King book will be Lisey's Story.

Oh, dear. That is a tricky question. I guess I have to go by which one I read most frequently.

1. Needful Things. I love this book and I can read it over and over and over again. And what's even better is that it can be found as an audio book, with King himself as reader if I'm not horribly mistaken. And that's just awesome!
2. Apt pupil. Non supernatural but very creepy. Also it's a novella which makes it perfect for the occasions when you don't have all the time in the world but still want a good reading.

SNG said:
Btw "Duma Key" wasn't that great for me.

Same here -- I'm still yet to finish it, actually. I know some people feel that it's been his best recent novel, but there was something about it that didn't grip me like many of his other books.

Same here -- I'm still yet to finish it, actually. I know some people feel that it's been his best recent novel, but there was something about it that didn't grip me like many of his other books.
Many people loved the book, it's a matter of taste of course. Personally, I really enjoyed the first half of the rather long book but then it loses its grip and the ending is, well, you'll see...

Btw way his next novel (Under the Dome) is going to be twice as long.

Length certainly doesn't put me off -- I've ploughed through all the bigs ones and the small ones. And they can be as long as he wants as long as he just keeps writing!