Toth

From the evidence presented, yes. Or at least huge, but not so huge as Toth was... he was special as he was Cyradis' guardian and she was ultimately the most important person in the world.

important! not the most. if any one of the characters had failed the quest, darkness would have prevailed and darkness would have ruled

yes true... however ALL of it came down to Cyradis' choice. A choice which decided the fate of all existence. The others were all influences, and their tasks had to be completed in order for the Choice to be made. But Zandramas had failed at NONE of her tasks either.

well put.what would have happened if she had died. the final choice could have never been made and the two prophecies would continue in hopless attempts

That's a very good point. No Cyradis, no choice, although presumably if something were to happen to her during the journey, the Seers of Kell would have sent someone else in her place (being able to see the future and all.)
I'm not sure whether the two prophecies would have continued to struggle after that, though. It was coming to the end of their 'game', and the light that signified the moment of choice would have gone. Wouldn't that mean an end to the meetings between the Child of Light and the Child of Dark?
Thinking about it, I wonder what would have happened if Cyradis had not been able to make the choice, if time had run out for her to choose, as it were. With the Sardion and the Orb in the same place, surely there would be some interesting consequences.

I imagine that there would have been another catastrophe akin to the one that divided necessity originally. And a third probability would have entered existence. Had Cyradis not made her choice in time, that too would have been a choice... a choice between neither Necessity, which seemingly would cause a third necessity which she Chose by default.

Back