Heroes Season I, Part 2

I'm wondering what would happen if Claire had a body part completely removed. Would she grow it back?

Peter has Claire's powers, but he is scarred in a future ep. - certainly he can't suffer injuries more substantial than Calire has to date.

I'm wondering what would happen if Claire had a body part completely removed. Would she grow it back?

I think she might. Remember when she ground up her hand in the sink incinerator? Weren't her fingers pretty much gone? And when her hand grew back, it started as a tiny kid-sized hand?

Then the big gruesome regeneration question is: If you chopped off Clair's head would A) The body grow another yead or b) the head grow another body. sometimes I wish I wasn't imaginative. . .

If it were a part that a person could live without, yes. But about decapitation and being cut roughly in half, which are fatal, remember what happened when she got spiked in the head. She remained dead until the coroner removed the thing from her head, and THEN the healing could begin. What would fit the pattern if she got too badly severed is that she'd be dead and stay that way unless and until somebody put the parts together in the right orientation, and then they could reconnect.

Peter has Claire's powers, but he is scarred in a future ep. - certainly he can't suffer injuries more substantial than Calire has to date.
With him, it's not automatic. He has to think about it in order to use it. So maybe an injury he doesn't heal right at first forms a scar, and then can't be fixed later because the scar is not an injury anymore. Or he could fix it but hasn't yet by the time you're talking about.

In my opinion it seems more like being something genetic feature in the long run (the sign does look like a DNA helix doesn't it:p ).
It started in Japan 14th century (probably a meteor, we are so fond of meteors) or maybe even earlier (has always been here) and has been given to kids of two people who had powers (the power won't be dominant, because the whole human race would have powers then).
Linderman, otoosan(dad) and the organisation around mr bennet are all branches of different organisations that have the purpose of keeping the powers hidden. The purpose of these organisations differ though and some are evil. Hence the thing being genetic, otoosan, hiro's sister and petrelli's mother will have powers. It might even be otoosan who stopped the bullet, but I think it more logical for it to have been hiro himself.
Since peter will tap into all of cylar's powers instantly, he'll be stronger than cylar and in the end win right? (as for giving an explenation to the fact that the good guy always wins in the end;) )

Since peter will tap into all of cylar's powers instantly, he'll be stronger than cylar and in the end win right? (as for giving an explenation to the fact that the good guy always wins in the end;) )

If Peter can control those powers, yeh. If not, he'll suddenly experience an influx of power that might lead to Peter's predicted explosion/meltdown.

On the other hand (just for the sake of discussion), Sylar's power is to absorb powers and to see how those powers work. The powers he has absorbed may not actually be "his" power, so Peter may not be able to tap into them secondhand. Peter may only be able to tap into Sylar's power to absorb power, which is a power that Peter already possesses. (Lotsa Ps there.)

Sylar's power is to absorb powers
I thought that he had just figured out 'how things worked' and thus was able to mechanically steal the powers. As one would transplant a kidney. This means that through cylar's way anyone could steal powers. petrelli though steals powers immediately. I guess that since petrelli can regenerate, we will finally see how cylar is extracting the knowledge from the brains, even if he won't succeed.:p

The powers he has absorbed may not actually be "his" power, so Peter may not be able to tap into them secondhand. Peter may only be able to tap into Sylar's power to absorb power, which is a power that Peter already possesses. (Lotsa Ps there.)
Peter's works differently, though; he doesn't need to kill to do it, but seems to have a harder time using the powers later, which seems to come more naturally to Sylar.

Also, Peter has indeed used "second-hand" powers before. When he met Sylar at the homecoming game to try to save the cheerleader, Sylar used telekinesis against him. Peter hasn't met anyone else with that power, but he used telekinesis to stop a staff that Clause was swinging at him later. So he can, at least, use a Sylar power later if it's one that Sylar has used in his presence. (That doesn't tell us whether or not he can use Sylar powers that Sylar doesn't use near him first, though.)