Favourite "Bad Guy"

HoopyFrood

It's me! Hurrah!
I know "buy guy" is probably the most useless phrase to use when referring to Stephen King novels, but I think it shows what I'm looking for, at least!

So, saying thus, who or what is your favourite "bad guy" (or woman, or monster or...etc!) from any of Stephen King's novels/stories.

I have a couple that I'd like to share, if I may!

Annie - Misery
I think Misery was pretty much the first Stephen King novel I read. Annie is really one very messed up and disturbed woman. Reading about Paul struggling to stay alive in her house is like watching a fly struggle in a spider's web. The passages where he tried to escape, or goes for a root around the house, knowing that Annie could come back at any time, are some of the most tense sections I have ever read.

The Phone Crazies - Cell
I loved this book, and I think it's completely down to the Phone Crazies. Zombies with attitude is what they are! Brilliant.

I always liked Leland Gaunt, from Needful Things. He acted how I would think the devil WOULD act -- all urbanely, civilized, but having a evil core behind that smile.

One of the King characters that gave me the creeps was Todd Bowden from The Apt Pupil. That was one really messed up kid.

Probably Morgan Sloat/Morgan of Orris from The Talisman. Especially on the the Territories side.

Gaah, now I want to re-read it. :)

But not the awful sequel.

I always liked Leland Gaunt, from Needful Things. He acted how I would think the devil WOULD act -- all urbanely, civilized, but having a evil core behind that smile.

Yes, I definitely agree with that. The way that he manipulates people can causes so much harm without seeming to be involved is certainly reminiscent of how the devil would operate.

Have to say Pennywise the clown. Something creepy about clowns to begin with, and now this. LOL.

Dee

[quote=TheDeeMan;798180]Have to say Pennywise the clown. Something creepy about clowns to begin with, and now this. LOL.

Dee[/quote]

I'll agree with this! My hatred of clowns started with "Poltergeist", and reading It just solidified that!

Oh, God, the clown in Poltergeist! Yeah, I think that was one of the things that solidified my hatred of clowns as well! Well, that, and another weird clown horror film that I watched when I was about 6...

But yeah, Pennywise is a damn creepy 'bad guy'!

Collie Entragian, by far. Desperation sort of went downhill halfway through, but the introduction with Entragian picking up the random people was jsut the scariest thing I've ever read. He was a great and colorful character

These people(or things) are pretty good but I think King's best antagonists are the ones where they're just people- with some degree of natural evil running in them. Like "Zack McCool" from Lisey's Story or (and this one I really hate the most) Percy Whetmore from The Green Mile.I swear, even though the guy in the movie was just an actor, if I saw that guy on the street I'd love to assault him. People like that you just hate forever.

Oh lord, yes, I change my vote. That chap really didn't know what was goin' on, and at the same time, he REALLY knew what was going on. I let the Walkin Dude down, so ...emmmmmmm......Oh yeah, I'm sure he'd love an A-bomb.Pure legend.

Linoge, hands down. "Give me what I want, and I'll go away..."

Followed by (a close second) to Rose Red (yes, the house counts as a character).

And Flag third (distant though, cause of getting eated by spider-boy...)