10.12: Line In The Sand

Dave

Non Bio
Staff member
Carter uses Merlin’s technology to move an entire village into another dimension to save them from an imminent Ori attack, but the village soon comes under danger when the technology fails and the villagers are faced with capitulating to the Ori or being destroyed.

Dull dull dull. I actually checked the time once or twice.

Did you ever think that Carter would die? At the very least that injury should stop her from ever fishing again. And all she has left Cassie in her will is a message on her laptop that she takes with her on very dangerous missions. And no messages for Jack?

Or did you believe that Teal'c would be sacrificed?

This show is a tired shadow of the great series it once was. The title was a apt one.

Oh Dave I have to agree with everything you say...you knew Sam wasn't going to die and you knew Teal'c wouldn't either...the show has the odd pearl but this should have finished when Jack left. Although I love Stargate...we need new blood for writing.

The only thing that this episode did is to put doubt in the mind of Tomin that the Ori are justified in their crusade. It might also be putting doubt into the fans minds that an 11th season would have been worthwhile, had it gone ahead. I'm pretty sure that we all have our own ideas of how we could have done several episodes, but I have to say that I'm not sure I could have done much better given the writing time, and trying to advance a story arc so that it takes several episodes. It just seems that the padding around the central arc is just that - padding without cause.
I think that we all knew that none of the main cast were going to die in this episode, or that the good guys wouldn't come through in the end. It was just a pity that so little actually happened in this episode. I actually made myself a cuppa before an advert break - something I have never done before.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Book Discussion 7
T Writing Discussion 11
Harpo Marvel Universe 3
Toby Frost Publishing 62
Jayaprakash Satyamurthy Neil Gaiman 15