It's all subjective

No real surprise here. Reviews are always subjective.

Congratulations on the publication :)

Just dance around and be happy you were published methinks. That alone stands to show you had a reasonable piece of work there.

Better than both not liking it and the objective view being that your story was rubbish :p

To each their own. Never try to please them all.

-D

Since the reviewer who didn't like it didn't give any reason -- just that it didn't hold his interest -- I think you can dismiss his review as easily as he dismissed your story.

Thanks for the comments one and all.

The two reviews really brought it home that you do need a thick skin and it is all personal taste.

Yes, Teresa, I noticed that too. If he had said why he didn't like it, rather than it just bored him, I could learn from that.

Anyhow, the reviews show at least two people read the book ROFL!

I have another short story, hopefully being published later this year, wonder how that one will go on.

Oh, just thought I would mention that the editor/publisher submitted the stories in the anthology for the Aurealis awards, down under. Well my short "Aftermath" made it through for the SF short story. A hell of a lot of good stories there so I am cuffed to make it that far.

Last edited:
An Aurealis!

Strewth, Sue... next you will be published in Andromeda Spaceways!

An Aurealis!

Strewth, Sue... next you will be published in Andromeda Spaceways!

Not a cat in Hell's chance! lol... I can't write the sort of stuff they go for.

It was only in the nominated work, along with a pile of others, not the short list. Though there was a short story with the same name as mine that did make the short list. lol.....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
therapist Writing Discussion 30
SDNess Critiques 0