Enders Game: The Movie

It used to be available at Netflix ( at least in Brazil ) but I have not checked it lately because Netflix removes titles periodically.
I just checked, and it's no longer available, at least for me...so it may be necessary to go the DVD route.

Checked the local DVD store, no luck on Ender's Game, so I ordered it from Amazon. They had it on discount, so it was only $5.00 (+tax). Not a bad price. Was picking up some other items, so the shipping, although slow--especially during the Christmas season--was free.

I have checked Google Play yesterday, they have it available for renting for 3,90 reais ( ~1 dollar ) but I am not sure if Google will charge the same from US. But 5 dollars is really not a bad price for the DVD. I agree.

I found the movie okay but one thing I thought was very good was that they started Ender off at a much more sensible age. In the book when he first goes to Battle School he is, as I recall, about 6 but his behaviour and actions are absolutely not those of a six-year-old; in the film I'm not sure what age he is but I'd guess young teen and consequently I found it all much more believable.

I found the movie okay but one thing I thought was very good was that they started Ender off at a much more sensible age. In the book when he first goes to Battle School he is, as I recall, about 6 but his behaviour and actions are absolutely not those of a six-year-old; in the film I'm not sure what age he is but I'd guess young teen and consequently I found it all much more believable.

That has clear explanation in the novel though. Ender is a genetically engineered Third, trained from birth for his role.

I really enjoyed the film which is surprising given I am such a fan of the book. The only thing I would have liked to see more of is Ender hacking the Battle School system and also the link between the Giants Drink Mind Game and the Queen. Would have also liked to have seen a bit more Peter and Valentine manipulating global patterns as Locke and Demosthenes.

Also not sure why they changed Major Anderson from a white male to a black woman but I think the lady playing Anderson got the attitude just right so it worked for me.

Battle Room was awesome.

Lots of little awesome touches (like the emblems all being correct for the battle groups).

I am not sure why they decided to let Ender know it was a genocide all along in the movie - in the book him finding out it was not a game and was genocide was a big part of his shock and withdrawal.

That has clear explanation in the novel though. Ender is a genetically engineered Third, trained from birth for his role.

I really enjoyed the film which is surprising given I am such a fan of the book. The only thing I would have liked to see more of is Ender hacking the Battle School system and also the link between the Giants Drink Mind Game and the Queen. Would have also liked to have seen a bit more Peter and Valentine manipulating global patterns as Locke and Demosthenes.

Also not sure why they changed Major Anderson from a white male to a black woman but I think the lady playing Anderson got the attitude just right so it worked for me.

Battle Room was awesome.

Lots of little awesome touches (like the emblems all being correct for the battle groups).

I am not sure why they decided to let Ender know it was a genocide all along in the movie - in the book him finding out it was not a game and was genocide was a big part of his shock and withdrawal.
Yeah but that explanation never really worked for me and I didn't really feel it was necessary. The whole book would have been just as effective if he'd started with a twelve-year-old like the film.

Agree with your last thought, that was a significantly important point in the book; that he would be far more ruthless if he believed it was still just a game.