Poll - New series?

New Series?

• Yes, definitely.

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • No, scrap it.

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Only if they improve the plotting, etc.

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pyan

Gaudete! Ver adest iterum!
Staff member
Supporter
Well - would you commission a new series, based on enjoyment of the first one, not the ratings?

Well, its such a good concept, but I think they are lacking a higher command that they have to answer to. That way the ridiculous situations that arose, would never have happened.

A lot of the stories has really good ideas, but they relied too heavily on the characters being stupid and weak minded. All the temptation stories just convinced us that none of them could be trusted and that they could never reliably or convincingly work as a team afterwards. This has now sullied our impression of them as competant covert operatives.

So, if they were to introduce someone they had to answer to, I think it would both put them in line and pull them together as a team.

Please please BBC, do something decent with this show! The potential is enormous!

Quite frankly if this show was a horse, you'd shoot it.

In THEORY I'd like a totally redesigned second series with NONE of the first series writers, producers or characters (with the possible exception of a vastly improved Captain Jack and Suzie. I mean, the woman can plot her own resurrection. How cool is that) and someone in charge who can actually sit there and tell RTD "No, that idea/script is crap. We know you can do better. Try again."

However, a re-design of that scale is not going to happen for two reasons.

A:Enough people watched the show and kissed the BBC's online butt about it to render this televisual abortion impervious to critisism. Chris Chibnel, the main TW writer is also hugely involved in Who series 3, and everyone at the Beeb and in fandom is apparently convinced that RTD and CC can do no wrong. They ain't going nowhere.

B: It would result in a totally different show anyway.

So I say pull the plug and give the extra cash to Doctor Who. Which isn't going to happen.

Old? Grumpy? How dare you say that! In my day young whippersnappers like you were seen and not heard! We had PROPER TV in them days....(mutter mutter grumble where's my flat cap mutter mutter...)

Tried to watch it for the first 4 progs but couldn't whip up the enthusiams to watch any more - life's too short and there is such a lot of better stuff to do - or read!

it's the old 'car crash telly' thing... I'll probably watch it, even if it doesn't improve, but it would be FANTASTIC (and nigh-on-improbable) to see it tweaked and brought back with more sci-fi, less sex, and Capt. Jack back to the spiffy dude he was in Dr WHo... the humour which made him so great in that was totally missing in Torchwood (IMHO).

*frustrated sigh* keep on wishin'!

I've started watching this (seen 2 full episodes) and it just seems really amaturish. Maybe I've not seen enough to judge but they seemed to spend a lot of time on thier relationships (all sorts) and also a lot of time, rather hapazardly pointing thier guns at or even shooting eachother. I would have thought any alien invaders would have a hard time taking them seriously. If I were an alien I'd just sneak by them while they were either arguing or bonking.

So saying I'd probably watch another episode if it was on when I was in.

The potential is there, if they can write a decent plot and stop making the characters do stupid things anyone with half a brain would know not too this could be a really good series

I'd do it.

And what's no surprise is that there actually is a second series at the end of this year.

How it's going to start is anyone's guess, especially with the twist at the end of the last episode.

it's the old 'car crash telly' thing... I'll probably watch it, even if it doesn't improve, but it would be FANTASTIC (and nigh-on-improbable) to see it tweaked and brought back with more sci-fi, less sex, and Capt. Jack back to the spiffy dude he was in Dr WHo... the humour which made him so great in that was totally missing in Torchwood (IMHO).

*frustrated sigh* keep on wishin'!

LESS SEX? ARE YOU MAD?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

and i think jack has less humour to him in this one as they're showing more the results of his inability to die. He isn't truly happy, he is empty and dead inside.

One of the things Davies and Barrowman have said in various incidents is that the events on the satellite at the end of Ecclestons stint as Dr. changed Jack a lot. Which is why in Torchwood we see a Jack who isn't as happy-go-lucky as he was, and seems to be a lot darker.

I don't think we know too much Jack, even with the revelations from the Torchwood finale, and his first appearance/s in Dr. Who. Hopefully the second series of Torchwood, and the next of Dr. Who, will address this all we'll come to learn more about Jack's past.

LESS SEX? ARE YOU MAD?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

and i think jack has less humour to him in this one as they're showing more the results of his inability to die. He isn't truly happy, he is empty and dead inside.

ok, I'll clarify that to less GRATUITOUS sex. I really felt a lot of it was sorta chucked in to make it 'cool' and 'edgy'... the only episode where it felt relevant was the where Owen fell for flying lady. or maybe BETTER sex (errr....:D ), oh, can't articualte anymore! No Owen, and baggy welsh bloke's bits... more Captain Jack! Maybe more sex would cheer him up a bit?

It woudl be nice to solve some of the mysteries, but again, it's relationship issues. It would, however, be utterly FANTASTIC to get at least some sci-fi experienced writers on the team. Just for decency's sake!

*whispers*and possibly have Gwen fall through the rift?

"Well now," - I enjoyed this better than I expected to do and, actually more than the previous season of "DW".

SO, hopefully the second season will improve on the first!!!

Two words: UTTER PANTS. So dissapointed :(

Jack was so up beat in DW you would think he coud see a good side to not being able to die. Frankly I haven't seen much evidence to explain his moodiness. It should be explained in the show. It shouldn't need to be explained and justified in interviews or there is something wrong.

I don't like the New Jack. He is arbitrary and a total dead-set stone-cold *******. The worst leadership skills EVER. Honestly.
What the hell is going on with the writers? Have they handed the whole job over to the work-experience trainee?

I really wanted to like this show. I keep watching one more episode hoping against hope that they will pull a miracle out of their @R$E$ but no such luck.

I would like to see it given new life with better direction and writing, but I guess that would make it a different show.

Back