Why are all so negative about Roa and dreamers?

Micolus

why are all so negative about roa and the dreamers... i enjoyed them but it seems u didnt...why??

This is Eddings "Elder God" series, right?
I guess I just 'grew up' and went looking for fantasy that didn't lead you round by the nose. I also found the first novel (only one I read) very boring.
Having said that, kudos to Eddings for drastically going away from his tried & trusted "farmboy with hidden powers goes looking for magic gem which can save or destroy the world" formula.

I have to agree with what's been said already. I've read just about all of Eddings' books, and they are remarkably similar in format. Still, to people new to the genre - those who haven't read any of his previous work - they aren't too bad.

i actually started the first book, found it just TOOOO boring and i couldnt get on with it at all, so ive stopped reading it. Im sure its good, but i havent found anyone who really got into it yet!

Well, my husband liked ROA but wouldn't touch the first Dreamer book with a ten foot pole. I thought ROA had potential but wasn't worth a re-read. The first book of the Dreamers bored me to tears.

ROA did have potential -- but then Eddings brought in his stock cast of characters and pat endings. The Dreamers I thought COULD have been a neat concept, but once again, stock characters and dialogue. I did finish the series because I can't leave a series be once I start reading it, but I was pretty much bored throughout. There was no tension, no suspense, and no real conflict. None of his characters was ever in any real danger.