Whatever happened to "insert author name here"?

K. Riehl

FrogSqrl
I wanted to start this link to see if I could use the power of the forum to find out what happened to some of my favorite authors who have stopped writing.

R.A. MacAvoy: last published book 1993. After an amazing run of engaging, well written, adult fantasy she dropped out of sight. The only info on the web is at least a decade out of date. Anyone out there live in Northern California and happen to know if she's still alive? Still writing?

Heather Gladney: Two books in a year then...? I want to know what happens to Naga Teot. Anyone have any info?

Insert your favorite author into this thread and please speak out if you have any inside/local/friend of a friend/rumor at the convention information.

Thanks!

Have not been able to find anything on what MacAvoy is working on.:( However, some of her books have been reprinted, which is a good thing, so perhaps we'll hear something soon (I hope)...

Here's another -Allen L. Wold. he wrote some very throwback to space opera titles in the late 80's and early 90's and then? Was he tainted by the "V" novels he wrote?:(

I was thinking about this the other day as it relates to Paula Volsky, although I believe her last book was published as recently as 2000.

Anyone know if she's ever going to write again?

I've often wondered what became of Mike Jefferies, who wrote a number of involving and well crafted books across the whole spectrum of the genre -- 13 or 14 in all. His work included a couple of superb dark fantasy/horror books set around Norwich and Norfolk -- Stone Angels springs to mind, an SF/fantasy cross-over involving parallel realities, Hidden Echoes, and an out-and-out high fantasy series set in a very well realised world entitled The Loremasters of Elundium.

The latter was originally an excellent self-contained trilogy, which the author later continued with a four book follow-up series. The follow-ups began really well, but seemed to run out of steam a bit by the final volume.

As a rule, my wife doesn't read either SF or fantasy, but she absolutely loves his books, and devoured Stone Angels over the course of two days -- this from a lady who usually gets through three or four books a year.

As far as I'm aware, Jefferies has published nothing since the final Elundium book, The Siege of Candlebane Hall, came out in 1998. Does anyone know what's happened to him?