The Heritage of Shannara!

I actually remember enjoying the Heritage of Shannara series, more than the Sword of Shannara. Not that I didn't like the Sword of Shannara, mind you; I loved it. I just loved Heritage even more.

With red huh? I think I know that one. Nice.

Aye, you can't go wrong with a book that jumps out at you.

Yeah Hobbit is cool. It'd be cool if they made the film of it.

What be I reading? I am currently reading Peter Beagle's A Fine And Private Place, just a really nice story. Now sword and sorcery stuff which is my thing but still excellent. Also got the Gormenghast Trilogy on the go but coz that one is soooooo long I need breaks from it.

Good idea to finish off the series you are on, otherwise your brain goes fuzzy on the details. lol Then woohoo to the Hobbit.

I actually remember enjoying the Heritage of Shannara series, more than the Sword of Shannara. Not that I didn't like the Sword of Shannara, mind you; I loved it. I just loved Heritage even more.

In the Heritage of Shannara, they mentioned Allanon and Brin and Jair Ohmsford. Are they in the sword of Shannara series? Which comes first? the sword of Shannara or the one I've got?

Saolta Oiche: I've been getting into the LOTR thing lately, mainly cause of the game the return of the Kings =S *Laughs* Gandalf is in the Hobbit!!! He's one of my favs in the movies.

In the Heritage of Shannara, they mentioned Allanon and Brin and Jair Ohmsford. Are they in the sword of Shannara series? Which comes first? the sword of Shannara or the one I've got?

Saolta Oiche: I've been getting into the LOTR thing lately, mainly cause of the game the return of the Kings =S *Laughs* Gandalf is in the Hobbit!!! He's one of my favs in the movies.

Allanon is in the Sword of Shannara series, that I remember. I think Brin and Jair are from the Wishsong of Shannara, which is the last of the original Shannara series. I could be wrong, though I'm relatively sure I'm correct. I haven't read them in quite some time. I blame Robert Jordan for that.

Yeah good ol Gandalf. He's pretty cool in it! Sounds like you're having one3 of those 'Walking down memory lane' moments. :-D

The Ohmsfords were in the Sword Of Shannara book, but who or which I dunno.

Allanon is in the Sword of Shannara series, that I remember. I think Brin and Jair are from the Wishsong of Shannara, which is the last of the original Shannara series. I could be wrong, though I'm relatively sure I'm correct. I haven't read them in quite some time. I blame Robert Jordan for that.

Oh, because the Heritage of shannara refers alot back to the other series. heheh I read the series backwards, staring with the voyage of Jerle Shannara =/

Saolta Oiche: Hehhe yeah its one of those good times! Ahhh *sways* I think I'm having the LOTRs fever again *falls onto the floor*

lol.

'Falls onto the floor with a haze of heart shaped bubbles drifting all around and filling the room with a soft pink shade.'

I think LOTR fever is contagious. Hmmm

Oh, because the Heritage of shannara refers alot back to the other series. heheh I read the series backwards, staring with the voyage of Jerle Shannara =/

Saolta Oiche: Hehhe yeah its one of those good times! Ahhh *sways* I think I'm having the LOTRs fever again *falls onto the floor*

Yeah, I think that's one of my favorite things about all of the Shannara books. There would be references to the earlier books and characters, and it's just like "yeah, I was there, I know. He WAS amazing."

Ties everything into everything. That also helps I suppose, if you leave the book for a while. Jogs your memory.

I did enjoy the Shannara series have the rest but not got round to reading them yet.

But I suppose my favorite books are the Magic Kingdon of Landover series.:)

I saw that series, 'Magic Kindom of Landover' and particularly loved the title, the one that says, "Magic Kingdom for sale! Sold!" or something like that. Yeah I was surprised to fine Walker in the Heritage of Shannara! And it was sad because having read the Jerle of Shannara first....

SPOLIERS AHEAD!

Walker died in that series with Bek Ohmsford holding him (I think)....*cries* And I loved him in the Heritage of Shannara. Favourite charcter is Morgan and Wren though.

I enjoyed the Heritage of Shannara trilogy - I read it when I was younger. Quite enjoyable. Wren was my favorite and Allanon too! It's an excellent series for those who want to try reading fantasy.

its a great series yes... but i was beginning if he was ever going to stop... whats next the Pizza Delivery Boy of Shannara?

Read Scions last night and quite enjoyed it - Brooks is always a light, easy read for me. It is starting to bug me that all the descendants of the families still have the same surnames and are basically clones of the previous characters. Wren is basically Amberle, Per and his brother are basically Shae and Flick, Uncle whatsit Boh is Allanon. The outlaw leader Padamon? Creel is an exact copy of Panamon Creel. They are so similar I struggle to recall their names as the blur in my memory

I've ordered the Druid of Shannara just to see what happes but the repetitive character are starting to spoil the enjoyment of a good story. I'm just waiting for Eventime and Stee Jans clones to appear once the elves are found.

I'm really enjoying the Heritage series, read Elf Queen last night and I loved it. Ordered the next two, I think it's much stronger than the original trilogy.

Heritage is a mixed bag of 4 mostly independent books. I recommend any other trilogy (not Witch Wraith which is the worst, hands down).

Scions was a bad retread, Shea/Flick were renamed Par/Coll.

Druid, some parts were awesome, some were silly.

Elf Queen was a lot better than expected.

Talismans was bad, the four horsemen were lame and out-of-place.