Need help with a trilogy

cj719

Assoc. Master of Reality
Between work and school...my car, other than that.
First off hello! Secondly, I'm pleading for help finding the author/titles for a trilogy of books I read back in high school. The pertinent story info is as follows:

Published in the 80s (I'm pretty sure) and definately no later than 1990.
3rd book had a subtitle with "fire lord" in it.
There were 3 main protagonists 2 male 1 female.
1st male pro you meet is an old wizard with air and water powers who imbues feathers with his magic.
Female pro is pre/early teen who ends up with some dream/psychic power related to earth magic and is placed in some aging chamber to develop her powers.
2nd male pro is young and develops fire and earth powers (named Jeric?) who is the one responsible for defeating the main antagonist.
AI spaceship where the aging chamber is (doesn't really intrude on the fantasy setting)
The powers were bound into elements/crystals (called a matrix) which corresponded to the powers (blue/white for the old man, agate-type for the girl, red/yellow for the young man)
I do remember the "matrix process" for the girl...had something to do with injecting this "matrix" into an earthworm before injecting it into the girl so the "matrix" could identify with the earth element.

Anyway, that's all I can remember at the moment. I would really appreciate any help. Thanks in advance!

I haven't heard of this one. It sounds interesting. Although the wizard and his feathers sounds remotely familiar but I believe that is from some other fantasy story, the title of which also escapes me. I'm more blonde than usual today!
Aha! I think I found a match! A book by Cheryl J. Franklin called 'Fire Crossing' is the third in the series, the second book is titled 'Fire Lord' and the first is 'Fire Get' here is the synopsis from Amazon:

FIRE CROSSING
by Cheryl J. Franklin
To the wizards of Serii the Taormin Matrix wsa the ultimate tool fo sorcery. Three Immortal wizards had reversed the flow of time itself to set the matrix in its proper place, reopening a time/space portal wich the people of Network, the science-ruled universe which surrounded the wizards' world, had thought sealed for all eternity.

Did I get a match??

dwndrgn said:
I haven't heard of this one. It sounds interesting. Although the wizard and his feathers sounds remotely familiar but I believe that is from some other fantasy story, the title of which also escapes me. I'm more blonde than usual today!
Aha! I think I found a match! A book by Cheryl J. Franklin called 'Fire Crossing' is the third in the series, the second book is titled 'Fire Lord' and the first is 'Fire Get' here is the synopsis from Amazon:

FIRE CROSSING
by Cheryl J. Franklin To the wizards of Serii the Taormin Matrix wsa the ultimate tool fo sorcery. Three Immortal wizards had reversed the flow of time itself to set the matrix in its proper place, reopening a time/space portal wich the people of Network, the science-ruled universe which surrounded the wizards' world, had thought sealed for all eternity.

Did I get a match??
No, my temporarily blonded friend. But thanks for sure. I had found that one already :D The Fire Lord part of the title is definately the third book. None of the characters are immortal and they aren't doing anything to a space/time line. The "matrix" involved is what the computer called the substance injected/used on the three people (and others in the past). It is a fanasy novel, the world is not very advanced...along the lines of McCaffrey's Pern-world. Take the AIVAS timeline from Pern and make it a really secretive AI computer with a specific mission that only a handful of people know about.
I wish I could remember the actual antagonist's name *sigh* Oh, but I'm thinking the second book in the series has "dream" in the title.
The hunt continues....

Darn it! I thought I had it. Oh well. I'll keep looking though, I hate to lose :) . Rune or knivesout may have better info for you, hopefully they'll see this post and see if they hear any bells.

@Talthagres, I'm sure I'm not the only one who believes that "better late than never" is the right policy for book search questions, so thank you for taking the time to answer this. Even if the OP doesn't show up (though they often do), future searchers will be grateful.

Also: Welcome!

I always get a little melancholy when I see these accounts that disappeared after a dozen or so posts.
I wonder what happened to the people.
Probably invented Bitcoin and got a bit distracted thereafter.

Could have been eaten by a lion or run over by a tram.

It just dawned on me that if this website/the internet still exists in 1000 years people will be wondering what became of us...
We'll be dug up in some archeological dig into a crazed, mysterious Barrow. When all of the runes, thumb drives and hieroglyphs are painstakingly decoded; scientists will conclude that Brian was entombed with dozens of his priests and concubines. No one wants to be lonely in the afterlife.

We'll be dug up in some archeological dig into a crazed, mysterious Barrow. When all of the runes, thumb drives and hieroglyphs are painstakingly decoded; scientists will conclude that Brian was entombed with dozens of his priests and concubines. No one wants to be lonely in the afterlife.
A fitting end for our king.