Help! anyone know the tittle and or author of this book?

frizzy

I read this book a long time ago and can only remember a few details about it. The most prominent thing in my membory about this book is that the main character ends up with a circular scar on her forehead. It was about a girl, 17 I think? who ran away from home and joined some sort of mercenary band, military, or militia. The people in this book used swords and rode horses. Sometime in the course of this book, or books? She learns how to use an axe as a weapon. In the end she gets tortured but is completly healed from her faith? maybe I'm not sure. She ends up with a circular scar on her forehead. This is all i can remember, any help would be greatly appreciated!

This sounds like the Paksennarion books by Elizabeth Moon except I don't remember any circular scars...

Yes, this does sound like Paksenarrion. During the torture she is branded on the forehead with the sign of an evil god, which is miraculously changed to the round silver sigil of her own deity. The rest of the remembered details fit too.
There is a reference to it in Wikipedia:

The Deed of Paksenarrion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And the first book of the trilogy is on-line here:

The Deed of Paksenarrion

Does this help?

Last edited:
I LOVE you guys! =) Thank you Sooo much. I have been searching for those books for years! I just recently thought to try a book forum. You two have my everlasting gratitude!