Just can't get enough of...

I've gone through periods where I've read all of Howard's Conan, I spent a couple of years reading Honor Harrington and an eighteen-month stretch rereading and finishing Banks' Culture novels and of course there was the 80s where I hunted up and read everything even remotely connected to cyberpunk.

As a teenager, I read four of the eight F. Paul Wilson’s Adversary Cycle and last year I made it one of my reading goals to finish the series. This led me on to a further 15 books of his Repirman Jack series which I really enjoyed. I read them all last year and it was a blast.

If I'm reading a completed series I don't normally switch between authors but sometimes I do need something different, a break from their world so I can go back in with a new perspective.

Not that it is an issue, the majority of my reads are incomplete.

Yes. Some writers can be addictive, particularly if there is a series to read. Doc Smith was one when I was a teenager, many years ago, More recently Pratchett, though I went off the most recent, say after Unseen Academicals and Snuff, though the last Tiffany Aching was just about ok. tying into Equal Rites. His vision seemed to falter with the onset of the disease that took him. And there is the Earthsea books, though other Le Guin is, for me, harder going. I suppose age is making me look more for sustenance than provocation.

When I was younger this was Philip K. Dick, Stephen King and Tolkien. Nowadays more rare. The last guy who grabbed me like that was Haruki Murakami.

James Baldwin. How did I "specialize" in 20th century fiction and never read anything from him until 3-4 months ago? I think I may have spent too much time on the keg in college.

Iain M. Banks is my favourite Author and his books couldn't come out quick enough. I left his last few books unread. Not sure why, but I think I wanted the Culture to last just that little bit longer after his passing. Now reading Surface Detail and I'll finish the others off before the end of the year.

I also finished all of Neal Asher's Polity books, so I can't wait for his next one.

I adored Alistair Reynolds Revelation Space series but have struggled with his other books.

Greg Egan's short story's.
ASIMOV'S magazine Editorials .And Fritz Lang's fantasy writings.