where would you live?

Oops! Should've put "free city". I was quoting the name used in the book! In any case, I thought it might be interesting to see all of the intrigues going on, rather than who's in control of the city. Seems like it would be a good place to make a living, too. All in all, though, it wouldn't be right at the top of my list of places to live out of Eddings' cities...

a long time ago since I read David eddings work, and I cannot remember any of those name so I think reading them all agian is on the cards

Hmm, Elenium/Tamuli series? I'd have to say Chyrellos - the free city. A mixing pot of all the Elene cultures. Mind you, Eddings doesn't really go into too much detail about Deira, does he, or have I missed something out? It really has been a while since I read it last...

Terrible link I know but...

I will be living in Deira from tomorrow.

Deira in Dubai that is :)

its hard to pick which earthly culture Deira is most akin to... the only real clue we get is that their armour is MUCH heavier than that of other kingdoms and that their kingdoms founder basically invented steel (the process by which steel is forged)... or easily produced steel at least.

hmm, I'd live in the moubtains completely cut off from society. like that monk in the kleenex commercial

I wouldn't mind spending some time in the caves of Ulgo as the crystal centre sounds spectacular. Failing that, Kell, or the Vale but I think I'd want Chretienne or horse as I'd need to get out and about from time to time. There's only so much fence building and gardening one can do. I'd enjoy faldors farm aswell actually but without Brills funny eyes following me. I suppose anywhere with Pols cooking would be good (apart from the gruel).

I'd love to live in Riva, or perhaps Asturia. If I was in the Sparhawk universe, then it'd be Matherion - the beauty of that city would be tremendous.

And why is everybody missing Valesia? In th eTamule series it is the island where pleasure is number one and the list of stuff to do and sex is on top of that list. No jealousy and such.

I'm not missing it, I'd be setting sail there just as soon as I figured out where I was. I like the idea of a place that doesn't take life to seriously. <Is is a strange a girl would prefer Valesia?>

Hhmm Me I would probably live in Algaria, I dunno it just amuses me. Or maybe riva....living in secret love of life on the inside but on the outside bitter gray lol.

I'd love to live as a Drasnian merchant (spy, thief, lier). I love to able to communicate in their secret language and have fun doing business with people with it. Playing "the game" that Silk enjoys playing.

I think the House at the End of the World would be to good to resist. I mean any room can be what you want it to be and you can open any door to where you would liek to go to.

Yea the smell of Polgara's cooking and the ringing of Durnik's smithy. It feels like home!!!

I might prefer being a vagabond. Base on how Eddings describe Belgarath's life and the adventure that Garion and his friends experienced, I think it was exciting and fun!

Sure, exciting and fun, running from Chamdar, Dagashi, risk death at every turn, almost have Silk get you guys chased out of every town you visit....:p

Personally, I'd probably have to say Faldor's Farm with Polgara's homecooking, though I certainly wouldn't want the job she gave Garion.....*shudder*

I think the House at the End of the World would be to good to resist. I mean any room can be what you want it to be and you can open any door to where you would liek to go to.

Thinking about it, I love the idea of the House at the End of the World. That would be a great place to live.:)

Polgara's manor house on Lake Erat... now that would suit me perfectly. stately, marble, huge... isolated by huge rose bushes to keep door-to-door sales people away.

Sure, exciting and fun, running from Chamdar, Dagashi, risk death at every turn, almost have Silk get you guys chased out of every town you visit....:p

Personally, I'd probably have to say Faldor's Farm with Polgara's homecooking, though I certainly wouldn't want the job she gave Garion.....*shudder*

Haha! I can agree with you about Garion's job. I dont mind Grolims, Chamdar and Dagashi following me..its part of the fun! That was what made Eddings story more exciting.

On reflection, I'd think I'd live in Thalsia, right next door to Ulath. :D

Back