1.09: Random Shoes

I'm sure ladygiggs will post eventually.
We don't want to give up on Torchwood, in the same way you don't want to give up on a juvenile delinquent. They both have such promise and their whole future ahead of them! However, time will tell if they are up to the challenge.
I always watch the next episode thinking it may be the one where Torchwood finally meets its potential, only to find myself halfheartedly picking apart the numerous plotholes and inexplicable behaviours, like shooting fish in a barrel.
I haven't seen anything after Random Shoes yet but I suspect it maybe time to remove the lifesupport. Torchwood is going through the motions like some kind of zombie. I think RTD's interest in Torchwood has waned so he has allowed it to become this incohesive mess.

I'm sure ladygiggs will post eventually.
We don't want to give up on Torchwood, in the same way you don't want to give up on a juvenile delinquent.

I'm sorry, I'm quote a random poster. I love reading everyone's comments though.

I agree wholeheartedly Loner. I am a perfectly intelligent person and I am certainly no Torchwood apologist. After digesting the whole series, I wonder whether or not they will be able to save season two.

Random shoes were not the only thing random about this episode. They wasted a whole episode which could have been spent on developing the team story and dynamic on utter b*ll*cks.

They shouldn't be allowed to produce a series two after that utter rubbish they presented in season one. But TV networks are never logical. Many a great series has been consigned to the scrap heap after one season, so maybe they will plough on? They always seem to do the opposite of whatever it is I would like them to do!

They shouldn't be allowed to produce a series two after that utter rubbish they presented in season one.

I'd still like to see it given one more season in case the writers and producers have been reading the criticism online and decided to listen to the fans a la 'Snakes on a Plane' :)

Yawn. Yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn. I can't even slap on my SPOLIER tag and draw parallels with Series 2. OK, Gwen shows she cares, but that's it.

And her car has changed from a Saab (9000, by the looks of it), to a bright blue Renault Megane.

The reason it's like the DW episode Love and Monsters is because it's away from the usualy characters, and centres on someone else... except the DW team do it well, and did do a second time with Blink, but the Torchwood team failed at it. No wonder they didn't do a similar one in Series 2.

A year and a few months later, and still: Yawn.