Whatever Happened to Ghost Rider?

prayerrun

Ghost rider was one of the main Marvel titles in the 90's, so what happened? He's still mentioned, so I know he didn't die or anything....

Ghost rider was one of the main Marvel titles in the 90's, so what happened? He's still mentioned, so I know he didn't die or anything....

I would have to look it up, but I believe that Ghostrider lost his regular, monthly series by the end of the '90s, so I don't know if it so much that anything actually happened to the character. Now, the character may be settling for guest appearances and short-run limited series.

Perhaps a Ghostrider fan could enlighten us.

I know that many won't agree, but I find most superhero movies based on comic books very tiresome. In particular the cartoony CGI leaping.

The Fantastic four... oh dear was that lame. Which is a shame as I enjoyed the comic when I was a kid.

Slightly off topic, I know, so apologies to those with Ghostrider expectations.

No, no, no apologies necessary. The Ghost Rider movie loks like it's gonna suck hard.

Dee

No, no, no apologies necessary. The Ghost Rider movie loks like it's gonna suck hard.

Dee

I thought the very first trailer for the Ghost Rider film looked really, and forgive me for lack of a better word, cool. The lastest, extended trailer containing more of the dialog scenes and less of the eye-candy moments is looking pretty trite.

I thought the very first trailer for the Ghost Rider film looked really, and forgive me for lack of a better word, cool. The lastest, extended trailer containing more of the dialog scenes and less of the eye-candy moments is looking pretty trite.

You are forgiven.LOL. :)

Dee

Not all super-hero movies are rubbish, its only becuase companies can now use CGI to an extent where its now cheaper the other forms of SFX they overuse it.

Agreed, Fantastic 4 was horrible and wrong. Elektra was tripe. Hulk had good ideas, but poorly executed. Daredevil was an excellent movie, apart from Ben Affleck. X-men 3 is the biggest perpetrator...

As for Ghost Rider, try not to think about it too much, then you wont be dissapointed. Luke Cage isn't exactly on a role, but he is a huge Ghost Rider fan and i doubt he would star in the film if he thought it wasn't good.

Th comics? they are still in print, and they will have a boom when the film comes out. i think the silence is due to Ghost Rider being a typical 90's character; dark, imposing, Leather, Bikes, kinda Anti hero thing going on and generally people got tired of it.

Wonder what Ultimate Ghost Rider will be like...

As for Ghost Rider, try not to think about it too much, then you wont be dissapointed. Luke Cage isn't exactly on a role, but he is a huge Ghost Rider fan and i doubt he would star in the film if he thought it wasn't good.

Th comics? they are still in print, and they will have a boom when the film comes out. i think the silence is due to Ghost Rider being a typical 90's character; dark, imposing, Leather, Bikes, kinda Anti hero thing going on and generally people got tired of it.

Wonder what Ultimate Ghost Rider will be like...

Surely you mean Nic Cage ;)
Although rumours abound that he chose the stage name Cage (his real one is Coppola - yes, that family) in homage to the Luke Cage comic books. Sounds made up & weird to me but I thought I'd throw it out there as gossip.

The film will probably be only a limited success although the biker/skull/flames motif will do well on merchandising I'm sure.

Surely you mean Nic Cage ;)

LOL! Nooo...:rolleyes:

Thats what happens when you spend too much time reading comics. i honestly doubt the comic character had any influence in the stage name, Luke Cage doesn't seem that popular a character. BUT you never know...

Luke Cage Playing as Ghost Rider... When Marvel run out of ideas again...