Favourite character

my favourite charecters life was short lived, but i thought he was brilliant... even though he was mostly an execrable charecter. perhaps i am alone in this but to me the best charecter from the 1st 2 books (sadly i have only read this far, as my sister misplaced the final 2, which where signed :() is demarr!!!
am i alone in this?

I did grow to like Demarr, but he wasn't really around long enough to become my favourite. Most of the first book he wasn't even himself, which just left book two to get to know him. Don't worry, there are plenty of interesting characters in the next 5 books to get to know :)

I've only read the Imperial series but I very much like Reynik. But Brother Fox is very cunning obviously, and very cool :)

I must admit that I took a shine to Fox as well. If I do ever write any more books in this sequence, you can be sure she will have a starring role. :)

And Lilly, welcome to Chronicles. Sorry your favourite character did not live long, but I'm afraid that's how it goes sometimes. The body count in the Imperial series is rather higher than in the Darkweaver books. It doesn't pay to get too attached to characters there, as I deliberately killed off some good guys just to let the readers know that no one was safe any more!

Demar is also my favourite character, he starts stript of all titals and just a wondering man in the desert. He then faces off against a dragon ( cant remember it name, sorry ) and basically wins! If thats not a reason to find a character interesting, i dont know whaat is.
If the above isnt enough theres alo the way he gains an army, becomes smothered in power and yes stript back down to how he began. the after his huge evil streak he saves jenna's life ( if i remember correctly, he saved he from the demon ) and helps calvyn. great charcter with great mystery behind him!:D

Last time I answered this, I said Jez, but I really like Reynik now. I suppose he reminds me of... me. That was a joke btw.
Ed

There are alot of characters in this book i love. Each personality is different and unique. I dont know who would be my favourite character it would probably have to be bek, jez, calvyn, reynik, femke and shalidar as the best ones. The skills of being a spy, assassin or in the military (and for calvyn a bit of magic :p) are just amazing.

You've obviously thought really hard about your choice and narrowed it down completely haven't you Katie? ;)

i truelly adore femke, its fantastic that she has such amazing abilities to fit in anywhere!!
jenna is awesome to, total girl power that haha!!!! i love her independence and her strong instinct to stay alive!
i really dont like shalidar, he is so arrogent- ok maybe its because he reminds me of my ex boyfriend a tad!
oh and of course calvyn and bek and jez...
oh and derra is totally kick ass!!!

I like all of the characters to be honest but Reynik is really cool.

Coco, if you look up tarantula, you will find that an alternative name for it is 'wolf spider'. Tarantulas do exactly what I described in the book - they run down their prey and kill it with a venomous bite. They don't weave webs. The picture of a spider on the cover looks nothing like a tarantula, but I put that down to artistic license on the part of the cover designer. :)

What I thought was really cool was that Brother Fox(?) was a girl but she was still a brother.

The "brother" moniker was part of the assassins' attempt to preserve anonymity, so it's not surprising that they didn't change it in her case!

Coco, if you look up tarantula, you will find that an alternative name for it is 'wolf spider'. Tarantulas do exactly what I described in the book - they run down their prey and kill it with a venomous bite. They don't weave webs. The picture of a spider on the cover looks nothing like a tarantula, but I put that down to artistic license on the part of the cover designer. :)

wow... you must do a lot of research for your books... :D