Favourite character

Derkas

Dem Quatta
Whos your favirote character, any series by Mark. Mine has to be Shalidar, his arrogance is great, and I really like the idea of a rouge assain diobeying his boss. What about you guys?

Re: Favirote character

Hmm, now there's a question. I suppose I like all the female characters, (go feminism! :p) like Jenna and Derra (god, I hope I'm getting these names right!!) and Femke. I don't particularly like when Calvyn turns evil, I want to give him a good slap and tell him "Remember who you really are!" :D Although it is quite a good part of the story and quite unexpected for the good guy to suddenly have a little bout at being evil!

It was a great story with the soul stealing thingy :)
Awww there's so many awesome characters. I think Perdimonn would be the coolest to hang out with, being something of a friendly fun character.

My favourite character has to be ................... ummmmmm.... not sure.
I like all of them, I like Jed, I hope thats his name, I think I need to read them again sometime.

I think you mean Private Jez, the redhead guy who got caught with Bek. He was an interesting character, I'd forgotten he was there right at the start of Calvyn's training :p
So many good ones to choose from!

Yes I mean Jez, who unfortunately gets killed. Thats was a shame.

My favorites were Calvyn and Bek, since they're the deepest characters in the book, and I feel kinda let down that their friendship wasn't explored as much as the Jenna-Calvyn thing.

My favorites were Calvyn and Bek, since they're the deepest characters in the book, and I feel kinda let down that their friendship wasn't explored as much as the Jenna-Calvyn thing.

That's a really interesting observation. Next time I read back through it, I'll look and see where I could have put in more. I might even do a short story for my website on this at some point. Thanks for pointing it out.

That's a really interesting observation. Next time I read back through it, I'll look and see where I could have put in more. I might even do a short story for my website on this at some point. Thanks for pointing it out.

It's not that it disapointed me, as to be honest it's a general observation about much fantasy, where inter-character friendships are often put aside when the love interest emerges.
The characters of Bek and Calvyn had great and deep personalities, and I believe that their friendship would have been something really interesting to explore :)

Reynik has to my favourite. To be honest there are reasons to like every character but Reynik is just so lovable

My favourite is Femke ! Her confidence and commitment to what she does is brilliant. Although i doubt she will ever be able to have a quiet life away from Shalidar and the spy network, she is devoted to being a spy which is brilliant. Letting her have weaknesses shows that she isn't just like a robot she is a human who although has a lot of skill she is not perfect.

Reynik has to my favourite. To be honest there are reasons to like every character but Reynik is just so lovable
i agree i do believe Reynik is just brilliant. Although he is very determind to get Shalidar ! I don't think Femke will ever get to be with someone and i think something might happen to either Reynik or Femke to stop their relationship ! but i'm only a kid and don't have clue what will happen ! maybe they will and the book would have the happy ending, although in only one book Reynik and Femke will have to bring Shandar out of corruption from the nobles

I love Femke and Renik femkes confidence and dedication to the tasks she gets set is unnatural. shes a strong woman and not a "damsel in destress"like women are in most books! she is brilllinat she can hide her emotions from the world ( a task i would LOVE to learn ) and she shows no fear in front of peril and danger.
Renik is errm how to put this...... Adorable. i love the way he listens to femke without question (well that may be beacause of military training) and is prepared to lay his life down for a good cause he shows his emotins which is hard for most men and i admire him for it(yes i no hes fictional!!!!!)
P.S i cant spell so please dont correct me if i misspell lol!?!

I like Femke, especially when she is Lady Alyssa, because she is so good at what she does and when she is Lady Alyssa her actions are disgracful but it doesn't seem wrong when it's Femke behind the mask.

Good point. You like Alyssa for the same reason Femke does!

Reynik is such a sweetie. Odd word to use for such a brilliant fighter, of course, but he is. Even in his obsession with Shalidar, he chose to help Femke instead of chasing him down, even though he knows it may be his only chance at his uncle's killer. That shows his honour and his heart, which he places above vengeance. I also am aware that he is not real, but that is really very difficult.

My favourite, though, has to be Rikala. Minor character, but what a woman!

Femke is my favourite character, but Shalidar comes at a close second...
Femke is oozing with confidence and is sure of her own abilities, but not to the point of blatant arrogance like Shalidar. She is a very strong character and it is a refreshing change from the tearful females that seem to dominate stories wherever one turns...
Shalidar I like because of his arrogance, actually... From the very beginning he is straight in there and doing thigns his way... I fins him rather
intriguing and I hope his character is expanded and explained more in 'Imperial Traitor'.
I also love Reynik as a character - he is such a sweety! A felt like crying for him in 'Imperial Assassin', for all of his losses, because he is such a woob. Do do hope things turn out happier for Femke and Reynik in 'Imperial Traitor', but something tells me that the worst has yet to come...

Jez all the way! also the guy who goes with Jenna, Derra and Elouise to rescue Bek and JEZ, but i cant remember his name:confused:

I would say that my favourite character is Rynik... though this is quite odd, as he seems to be a lot like my best friend from boarding school... the odd part: it was a military school :D