The Fionavar Tapestry by Guy Gavriel Kay

Kailana

Canadian Reader
I was wondering if this was a good start with reading Kay? I was thinking of at least reading book one this month, but I also own a couple of his other works. Just never got around to him before. The story of my TBR pile. So many books, so little time.

shadow9d9

I was wondering if this was a good start with reading Kay? I was thinking of at least reading book one this month, but I also own a couple of his other works. Just never got around to him before. The story of my TBR pile. So many books, so little time.
A lot of people have found the books to be too wordy and the writing to be amateurish. I recommend starting with his next book, Tigana. You don't want ot be turned off early on. You could always go back and give em a try later.

Kailana

Canadian Reader
A lot of people have found the books to be too wordy and the writing to be amateurish. I recommend starting with his next book, Tigana. You don't want ot be turned off early on. You could always go back and give em a try later.
Oh, thanks for that.

ScottSF

ScottSF
yep, it looks like other than these, there are just threads with GGK in the thread title. I counted at least 3

Pedro Del Mar

I am content
Finished the series and enjoyed it - changed my mind about it being young adult fiction, some quite adult themes in there at points