1.04: Cyberwoman

Oh millenium hand and shrimp... I copied and pasted that from 1.03. Well, at least it's mine, I guess. :rolleyes:

---

It might not bring him back to life, but TW have ways of making things happen. Spoliers to follow, just in case anyone is interested.

The latest episode, Fragments, all the surgeons in the room get gassed, when owen asks later, the doctor who is seeing him tells him that the surgeon Owen had been talking to (the one he convinced to do another MRI scan) is in Cardiff... which I've just realised I spelt as "Cardif" in the 2.12 thread. Oh... seafood salad. :angry:

But anyway, they'll have their ways of doing things.

I agree about the bodies thing...look at Banana in "Something Borrowed"....I don't think that RetConning is going to bring anyone back to life....
Maybe they put it in the "Free Bottle of Coke with every Large Pizza" and everyone just forgets that she ever exisited. You do wonder about all these people living in Cardiff though who wake up one morning and think, "I'm sure that I once used to have a brother, sister, husband, wife, father, mother.... "

Maybe they put it in the "Free Bottle of Coke with every Large Pizza" and everyone just forgets that she ever exisited. You do wonder about all these people living in Cardiff though who wake up one morning and think, "I'm sure that I once used to have a brother, sister, husband, wife, father, mother.... "

But why not also use that on the families of people gone missing in S2 'Adrift'?

And I agree about the bodies thing...look at Banana in "Something Borrowed"....I don't think that RetConning is going to bring anyone back to life....

It wasn't "Banana" who was killed; he was all entangled with Tosh in black alien shapeshifter slime, but someone called something like "Mervyn".

And I agree someone wopuld have noticed he wasn't around any more!

Mary

But why not also use that on the families of people gone missing in S2 'Adrift'?

Torchwood didn't actively take part in searching for the people, nor even doing away with them, but rather they only took care of them when they had returned from the rift - before that point, it was just a case of a missing person. It happens all the time, everywhere in the world. There are families like those in Adrift who have no idea what has happened to missing relations. Why RetCon them when it is, and it might sound a bit morbid, just a normal occurence?

I've just watched Countrycide, and the same applies there - the seventeen people who went missing over the five month period were just that, missing people. It wasn't until there were so many of them that Torchwood stepped in to have a look, so why should they RetCon the families? Again, people going missing is common.

In the case of the fella going missing at Rhys and Gwen's wedding, I think I said it earlier in this thread, or one of the previous Series 1 threads, Torchwood will find a way to get round it. In the first episode of Series 1, a porter at the hospital is killed by a Weevil. When gwen infiltrates Torchwood as a pizza delivery girl, she is told that Tosh changed the records to show that the porter had finished his shift as normal, they had witnesses to confirm that, and that his body would be found in the river - he'd have been missing for 48 hours. The next episode (or maybe the same one), we're told that they have a stash of bodies (I think it was Jack who said, "Find one with a similar face") which they can plant to make whoever dies in their... 'enquiries' look as if they were the victim of a murderer, or suicide. Why could they not do the same with whoever it was who was sucked dry?

Torchwood didn't actively take part in searching for the people, nor even doing away with them, but rather they only took care of them when they had returned from the rift - before that point, it was just a case of a missing person. It happens all the time, everywhere in the world. There are families like those in Adrift who have no idea what has happened to missing relations. Why RetCon them when it is, and it might sound a bit morbid, just a normal occurence?
Also, you wouldn't just have to RetCon the family - you'd have to RetCon friends, police (assuming the missing person was reported), everyone at the person's school/workplace...it would be one hell of a job, especially as it seems the rift has taken a lot of people.;)

You're correct it wouldn't work... but then most of Torchwood's covering up wouldn't work either...

"Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive."

Back