The Mist

Oh, well if he's working on it, it shouldn't be too bad, as The Green Mile (can't say about SS, I haven't watched it, I REALLY should...) was a corker of a film...gets me everytime though, it's such a sad film..and the book is a tearjerker.

The Mist was a good story and could be a good film some SK stories turned movies have disappointed me because they look cheap and nasty but with a repected director it should work out ok

Just finished re-reading that one last week. (Am working through Skeleton Crew and started The Jaunt last night.) A film of The Mist could be great if the effects are minimal and the acting good. It should be what you DON'T see that is scary in this one.

I'd like the sci-fi channel (here in the US) to make it into an "original movie." Boy they make some corkers. I had their "original" movie on last night whilst on the internet. The star was Lou Diamond Philips (remember him?). It was called Alien Breed or something, essentially plastic aliens on a train eating everybody.

It begged for the Mystery Science theatre treatment.

I read somewhere that Samuel Jackson is going to be in The Mist. Anybody else read this?

And I don't know, Scifi Channel original movies are pretty godawful. I mean, how many variations on the Bigfoot Mountain, Dinosaur island, prehistoric monsters brought back to life and stalking the woods for hapless campers/hikers can there possibly be before it's enough already?

Dee

The Mist is one of my favorite King short stories. I hope they won't try to "Hollywood" this up and just leave the hints of the creatures in the fog.

Oh, NO!

Great.

Ah, well, I'll still go to see it...and get more and more angry.

*Sigh* I'd better warn my friends so they can restrain me while I'm watching it!

The Mist is one of my all time favourite shorts by Stephen King. Fantastic news that it's being made into a film finally and with a good cast by the looks of it including Thomas Jane of Dreamcatcher and The Punisher fame.

I'm looking forward to Cell and From a Buick 8 too. Eli Roth's Hostel was decent enough and I can understand why he'd want to do Cell. Wasn't impressed with Cabin Fever AT ALL though, but as that was an earlier effort and I thought Hostel was much better, then maybe he's heading in the right direction.

I liked the short story . The film was good up until the ending, which I despise.

I liked the short story . The film was good up until the ending, which I despise.

Did you know that there were two endings shot? The alternative one is (I think) one that King has since said that he wishes he'd thought up for his story.

Did you know that there were two endings shot? The alternative one is (I think) one that King has since said that he wishes he'd thought up for his story.
I think he like Drabont's ending which ruined the film for me.

Back