Torchwood not certain for Australia

I have pre-ordered season 1 parts 2&3. It should all be here around March, and damn them for waiting so long. We're so deprived *sob*

OT - Also, if any Aussies have seen the much touted show 'Life on Mars', any recommendations?

Thanks for the heads-up ladygiggs!

Good news... maybe. Channel Ten have signed off for Torchwood. they have even committed themselves to getting the second season which is not yet complete.

They say "The program is directed straight at Ten's target 16- to 39-year-old audience" God help us.

Read the news article

I guess that means we can expect to see it on at 2am on a Sunday morning, out of order, and only if there are no sports events on.

Thanks for the heads-up ladygiggs! http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=229977

I guess that means we can expect to see it on at 2am on a Sunday morning, out of order, and only if there are no sports events on.

No worries, Loner :) I agree with you wholeheartedly, Network Ten will screw with Torchwood the way Seven screwed with Firefly.

We'll be luck to get a whole and uninterrupted season even at 2am.

But still...yay!

Man I feel so sorry for you guys! Torchwood is the best and you have to just keep pestering the ABC to get the rights I've got 2 of the DVD's part 1 and part 2 both with extra's, I've seen the whole series on TV and Doctor Who series 3 starts this Saturday... :(

Thankyou for your sympathy:) While I love Australia as a place to live, it sucks being last to receive pretty much every decent tv show the UK has to offer. We haven't even seen 'The Runaway Bride' here let alone any preludes to Series 3 of Doctor Who. *sob*

I got an email from Amazon UK today letting me know that my series dvd parts 1&2 are on their way! Hurrah, Torchwood marathon! I'm sure you'll be up for that, Loner. Right after the Supernatural marathon that is :rolleyes:

You haven't seen "The Runaway Bride" yet?!? aaaaarrrggghhh!!! Doctor Who is on everything now, this Friday on BBC1 the cast is on The Weakest Link, David Tennant was on Catherine Tate for Comic Relief two Fridays ago, dunno if you saw that, and now it's coming back to the UK this Saturday...:cool: :D :p

Doctor Who is on everything now, this Friday on BBC1 the cast is on The Weakest Link, David Tennant was on Catherine Tate for Comic Relief two Fridays ago

Sigh, still can't believe we haven't heard news here on Who series 3. But at least all my Torchwood DVDs arrived, hurrah!

Thanks for the tip about David Tennant on 'The Catherine Tate Show' christyrocks99. That has only just started here as well and it's hilarious. Sooo far behind it kills me!

Sigh, still can't believe we haven't heard news here on Who series 3.
Judging from the first episode, at least when you do get it, it'll be well worth the wait. It must be maddening though, having to dodge all the posted spoilers.:(

Judging from the first episode, at least when you do get it, it'll be well worth the wait.

Cheers, I reckon it will be well worth it too. It's pretty easy to download episodes but nothing quite beats the excitement of snuggling up on the settee and hearing the theme music come out over the telly :)