Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movies

lordoftime

My name is Infernus
So now there is a new movie coming out next March, just wondering what everyone here thinks of this particular franchise?

I grew up in the time of the original animated series, but saw it only here and there. Never even saw the previous three live-action features, until I got a chance to watch the 1990 film recently. It was good, had a few moments that were maybe cringe-worthy but overall I liked it very much.

So any fans of the Turtles, or Master Splinter (kind of reminds me of a Yoda type from The Empire Strikes Back) or their nefarious enemy, the Shredder?

ahh you are never too old to enjoy something from your childhood!
as a wise man once told me, 'there is no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes'.

I'm definately gonna go see it, even though they kinda look like geckoes. I'm obsessed with the TMNT at the mo. Loved the original cartoon when I was little and the new one's good too! And I have all the old movies on dvd! I'm 24 by the way, that's not too old is it?!

Heck no if that's too old then I am in big trouble. I am rediscovering it and it's really a lot of fun. Now here comes the obvious question- Who's your favorite turtle?

Yeh he is wild card isnt he? Although I like Leonardo as the emerging leader of the four.

I also grew up watching it on TV... a new movie could be good but I probably wouldn't go see it as I am a little old now

Just do what I do grab a young relative (not to roughly) do the dutiful uncle thing in my case, then drag them to watch whatever "juvenile" film has caught your fancy.

I can't wait to see it with technology now should be good, plus my absolute obsession as a pre-teen TRANSFORMERS on the big screen!!movie, Boo ya (managed to put that saying in two of my last three posts, heh heh!)

I wore my VHS out with the cartoon movie!! I'm 29 and can't wait for this comic to film movie n don't care what any one thinks!!

Always liked Michelangelo, when I was younger all my birthday cards had to have him on them!! Though the original cartoon Mike gets on my nerves a bit now! Too dopey, whereas the new one is more naive!

True it seems each and every version of the Turtles has different prsonality quirks that the others didnt have. I was suprised that in the movie it was Raphael who seemed impulsive and not Mike.

Oh dear God, I love the Turtles! Raphael is without a doubt my favourite. He's brilliant!
Ack, I haven't seen anything about the film (youtube will surely rectify that!) but if it's all computerised, I will not be pleased. I hate all that kind of stuff, until computer graphics get so good that you can't even tell if it's real or not, I will not be happy. Too much computerized stuff spoiled Silent Hill for me...Such promise, but it didn't seem scary because things weren't real enough to be believed (yes, I know headless monsters and strange pyramid-headed people are not likely to be real, but you know what I mean!) I love the old films like the Evil Dead films, with the fake blood and plasticine mosters...I'd pick that over recent films any day! Therefore, I will stand by the old Turtles films, with the rubber suits and what have you...woo!

My understanding is the Turtles will be CGI but the background will be similiar to the Sin City movie. I dont know that I like CGI and do prefer the suits of the original film. But I am going to give the new movie the benefit of the doubt for now. Im just so psyched they are making another one!

No word yet how Master Splinter will look.

Ooh! It's all right! I've just seen the trailer for it, and it looks great! What I was worried about was having CGI characters in a "real" world...like, for example, Silent Hill! But the film is more like...a sophiscated cartoon, I suppose! So it does look really good. Can't wait! Love the Turtles!

Excellent news!!!! Glad I came online for a moment to read that! Awesome. I cant wait till March!!!

Is that march release just in the US? Does anyone know when it'll be out in the UK? I wanna see now!!!

For a glimpse of it, Mouse, go to youtube and watch the trailer!
And you bring up a good point, we'll probably have to wait longer for it! Argh!

Hmm not sure! March is the only date Ive seen listed. Hopefully it wont be beyond that so you UKians can see it too!

*teenage mutant ninja turtles..teenage mutant ninja turles.....*