Nazgul and the fall of Numenor

Raynor

Do you think it is possible that one of the nazgul precipitated the events in Numenor, increasing their feelings of rebellion against the valar & their laws, and their dislike for the elves?

In 2251 SA (Second Age), the first nazgul are recorded to appear, cf. The Tale of Years, Return of the King. The rings are captured by Sauron from the elves in 1697 SA. Now that gives Sauron 554 years to entrap his future servants.

Ever since Veantur, in 600 SA, the numenoreans kept visiting Middle Earth and in 1800 they start to make permanent settlements on its shores. Around 800 SA, Tar Aldarion brought a gread diamond from M-E to his future wife Erendis, and I believe this became rather customary for the noblemen; what if one numenorean, of high-status, was entrapped with a ring, corrupted to Sauron's service, and return to Numenor, to bring about evil?

The most reffered to candidate is Isilmo. He was the brother of Tar Telperien, the tenth queen of Numenor and the father of Tar Minastir, the eleventh king - by law, he should have been the successor, but his queen sister chose otherwise. True enough, his sister died in 1731 SA, but the rings can greatly enhance life length - Gollum had a lifespan of five times that of his kin, and numenoreans still lived at that time till ~400 years.

Do you think he is a possible candidate? Is this whole matter of nazgul in Numenor plausible? Looking forward to your comments.

I'm too tired to understand this for now; I have to read it again some time...

Do you think it is possible that one of the nazgul precipitated the events in Numenor, increasing their feelings of rebellion against the valar & their laws, and their dislike for the elves?

Well, possibly, but I think their dislike lies simply in the corruption by Sauron. Sauron must have got his hate for the Valar from Melkor. Also the Elves have been battling both Dark Lords, so the hate is easily explained. I think.

I don't recall the Nazgul's involvement with the people of Numenor, who were the cause of their own downfall. Their land was gift from the gods and so was longer then normal lifespans. but in time, what they had, simply wasn't enough for them. They wanted the Grey Havens of which the Gods told them were for not for the people of Numenor but for the Elves and that if they somehow gained the immortality and longevity of the elves that Soon weary of it. They were warned not to go their or their be consequences, The people Numenor egged on no small measure by Sauron , ignored the Gods warnings and attempted to to take the Grey Heaves which lead to the Loss and destruction of Numenor . Im art fuzzy on the details because Its' been 25 or years since I read The Silmarillion.:unsure: