Stardust

I loved this book! I love the way the characters change throughout the story. Just the idea that a falling star could be a girl is so imaginative. I love Neil Gaiman. I'm so looking forward the The Graveyard book.

My girl friend and another friend met Neil Gaiman and had him sign my copy of Stardust! ^_^ I thoroughly enjoyed the book! My girl friend is a big fan of his and really loves his Sandman series. I have a feeling we'll both be going to see the Stardust movie. I saw a trailer when I went to see Ocean's Thirteen and it looked decent. Like others have said, I'll reserve judgement 'til after I see the movie. ^_^

I think the previews for the movie are good. It is a definite interpretation of the book, not a reinactment, but I imagine that Neil wouldn't of let something truly awful be put on the screen...
I'm interested to see how the expanded role of "Captain Shakespeare" plays out. The book deals with the entire ship scene in about 3 pages, but the preview looks as though it will be a larger role. Casting looks good so far, but I really am unconvinced with Claire Danes as the star...

am i the only one in the world who really didnt like this book? it seemed to me to be kind of boring, written with a very childish tone, and yet still slightly disturbing in some areas. maybe its just me. ill definately see the movie though, perhaps itll be better than the read.

every one always raves about neil gaiman and his ideas are marvellous, but it seems everytime i read something by him im dissappointed. even with sandman *gasp* i know. i try to be open minded but perhaps i need more of a rounded knowledge of gaimans work. if anyone has a suggestion on what would be considered one of his 'better works' id definately be open to giving gaiman a chance, again.

Apparently Neil Gaiman didn't much like the way the trailer was cut or put together.

Also he really liked doing the movie as it gave him a chance to do things that he didn't get to do first time round in the book of Stardust. So there will be things that are different.

I'm going to watch it as a movie that isn't connected to the book and appreciate the Movie as a Movie and not go to watch it to just see what they added or cut or changed (and then criticize), there's no point to that.

If the ending has changed then I'll appreciate it for what I am sure it is - a very good ending in it's own right.

I also heard that there is a hilarious bit that no matter who you are or how seriouse you are, you will crack up with laughter.

:D

I'm looking forward to the release of the movie.

ps- Just to clarify before someone asks, yes I absolutely loved the book and the ending was fantastic!

just read the book in time for the film
it was ok.
i like neil gaimon as an idea man, but not so much as a writer. none of his characters or places ever come to life for me. they're always rather flat, indifferent. for example, i usually cry when an animal dies. in wicked, i cried when a bear cub died. the cub didn't do a damn thing except die, but i cried. the unicorn is killed in this, he was more of a character and i LOVe unicorns, but i didn't care about it. i didn't care about the herop and his star, i didn't care about the evil witch, i didn't care about anyone. no one was really alive for me. and i found the whole thing, especially the epiloguie, really unsatisifactory. im hoping the film will bring it to life better

and i have to say, it's alittle odd that two people have said that they like the fact that tristarn matured and changed throughout the story. um, he should! i guess that kinda say something about other writers, that perhaps their characters don't change and develop as they should when things happen to them, that people so note that it did happen to this one.

anyway, i love neil gaimon for his ideas. teh story as the character, the ghosts watching everything, it was pretty unique for me. and i love his sandman, but there it's just speech, with pictures, no prose. i guess i just don't like his prose, his descriptions, his actions *shrug* read neverwhere too and good omen (which i hated, a fair bit because i don't like pratchett) and neither of them really did anything for me either. tho i loved neverwhere the show

oh well

Hmm..am I the only one who has seen the movie?? I really liked it and Yes there are some changes but overall I thought it was better than average.

Is this the Stardust book to the Stardust movie? Cuz that movie was awesome, very classic.

movie isn't out in the uk until next week. so yeah gollum you're one of the few who has seen it here i guess :)