What was most saddest thing in the books of R.Jordan ?

Hmm, no one really dies in The Wheel of Time. I see you havn't read very far, but to not give much away, I would have to say what happens at the begining of TGH when Rand must leave Egwene. At that point in the series I was rooting for Egwene to end up with him, but later on that becomes happy since I learned to hate Egwene.

Tau Zero said:
The fact that it continued beyond 4 volumes.

Beaten to it. That is truly the saddest part of what could've been an excellent series. I've given up until he finishes the series.

When Jordan tried to explain the Green Man and the Blight and the differences between.

That made me sad, literally.

:D

Actually, the emotionally saddest part for me is reading about Rand trying to remember every name of every woman that had died under the flag of the Dragon Reborn. I just wanted to give that poor kid a big old hug.

oh, i think for me, it was kinda sad when he had to leave his father, and then when he found out he was teh dragon reborn, that was kinda sad too.
and back then, when that happened, i actually cared! :)

I felt miserable when Moiraine got herself killed trying to save that ill-bred stuck-up farmboy but later I understood that she's not so dead after all.
The saddest thing, anyway, is the fact that the series actually continues... admit it, the books should have been less.

Got to book 11 and I have to say the saddest thing was really an "oh, no, that's bad" moment. It was awful :( And I think it'll continue to be sad.

I can feel it in the earth... I can smell it in the air...

*sniff sniff tugs braid*

When Moiraine fell through the Ter'angreal definetly, but also when Lanfear fell through. I really liked Lanfear!

Spoiler!

Also when Siuan got deposed as the Amyrlin Seat! I thought she was great as the Amyrlin and although i like Elaida i wanted Siuan to stay! When she found her Warder dead outside was quite sad too!

Moraine is not dead? I have read all the books but don't remember her still being alive... can I get a little memory boost anyone?

As for me,it was in book five(part 2),when Moiraina got killed trying to save life of Rand Al'Tor.How about you?

Moraine is not dead? I have read all the books but don't remember her still being alive... can I get a little memory boost anyone?

It's more implied than actually stated outright. But I think Thom will go to the land of foxes and save her, with music and his blades.

And yes, it the series did go on a bit too long, but I still like it and hope that Jordan will be able to finish it in the next year. He has been quite ill.

She left a letter to Thom, which Mat read in Knife of Dreams, basically saying that she was not dead. She wrote it before she went to the docks in Cairhein and she knew what would happen because of the Ter'angreal she went into in the Aiel Waste!

So in the next book one of the main storylines anticipated is that Mat, Thom and one other man Moiraine did not know would go and save her...or she foresore them all dying aswell.

It's more implied than actually stated outright. But I think Thom will go to the land of foxes and save her, with music and his blades.

And yes, it the series did go on a bit too long, but I still like it and hope that Jordan will be able to finish it in the next year. He has been quite ill.

yeah i hope it finishes, its is a brilliant but flawed series, but at least he had the balls to go out and write something as long as he wanted to be, its a shame he is ill, sounds selfish saying I hope he finishes before he dies, what i really hope is that he gets better, I am not sure if thats possible

He won't get better. At least not with current medical technology. It's possible that his condition could stabilise and he could get a heart transplant, but that's an outside chance.

However, his condition has been moderated somewhat and he's back at work on the final novel. Tor had listed A Memory of Light for early 2009, but apparently they're going to publish the prologue online before Christmas this year, which has risen some hopes that the book may make it out in mid-to-late 2008.

The fact that they were published?

But no its the fact that he got to the third book and saw how much he was making so he padded it out to get more money.

Publisher. "How's the final book coming along in this trilogy?"
Jordan. "I'm almost finished."
Publisher. " Here is the check from your book sales."
Jordan. " Wow thats alot of money....screw the plot im writing twelve."

When Thom Merrilin's girlfriend (or apprentice), Dena was killed by thugs in The Great Hunt, ch 34.

Hu the stableman
(sentimental old geek)